Your first amp?

Marshall solid state 50 watt combo.
Like this one:
kvmj7moj7fekca74nwqt.jpg

I had a bunch of junk SS amps weh I first stated playing that I knew nothing about.

What I consider my first real amp was a LabSeries L3 - which is the 60 watt little brother to the amp BB King uses. It was a really nice sounding SS amp.
1302.jpg

I ended up selling it to my college guitar instructor who used it in his modern jazz band.

I had a bunch of junk SS amps weh I first stated playing that I knew nothing about.

What I consider my first real amp was a LabSeries L3 - which is the 60 watt little brother to the amp BB King uses. It was a really nice sounding SS amp.
1302.jpg

I ended up selling it to my college guitar instructor who used it in his modern jazz band.
Ty Tabor of King's X used to use the Lab Series L5. He had really cool tone.

Am I the only one wanting to hear the debut/ farewell gig story?

It's less exciting than it sounds. At the tail end of high school we were required to do An Actitivity on Wednesday afternoons, but they weren't very particular as to what, so me and a friend (who played some bass) started a band with a Sinclair Spectrum as a drum machine. As a proof of bona fides we eventually played exactly one(1) gig during school lunch break, before fizzling out on the grounds of musical differences and heading off to different colleges or something.

About thirty(30) years later, I had my second gig in the rock band at work that plays our mid-summer barbecue, now on bass.

Back