Your favorite song by....

:embarrassed:

mostly because of the video, though the tune itself has grown on me.
all Zoe's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

As much as I hate to admit it, between the beat, her coos in the bridge and that video I want to both shake my rump and invade hers. :embarrassed:

Tie between "I Want It That Way" and "As Long As You Love Me" by the Backstreet Boys.
:facepalm:

Hey! "Jesses' Girl" is a good tune, a nice way to play hard rock chords with breaks and dynamics, better than Def Leppard.
And Rick Springfield knew how to dress. He had a really nice oily looking blue suit.
Yeah! What's he doing? An Australian who comes over, gets to be a huge soap opera heart-throb, and a rock star too.

A guilty pleasure? Hmmm... I turn the radio down when Michael or Janet Jackson comes on... I like how Ke$ha does one line: "we are who we are"
I guess my guilty pleasure is singing songs and acting them out with my own words during the normal course of a day.

"The pills are gone, the pills have gone away, oh you know all those pills are gone, and there isn't any for today,
you know you've gone and done some wrong, and there's none left for me to take".
That's never a personal statement, just riffing off the Welland environment.

If there's one phrase in a song that grated on me, while another sang it in a country band, it was Waylon with "the hair on my shoulders".
Back then, I didn't have any, and I'm not going to look now. Waylon! Where else is it growin'in the wind?

Last edited:
Madonna? Try singing "You're an Angel", Am, four beats, Bm, four beats, and Cmaj7, eight beats, steady four four on bass.
The melody builds up from low notes, very deceptive.
I think Madonna did this song all by herself, just to prove she was a musician, the production is so basic.
After that, she also always used a guitar for one song onstage, tired of the non-musician criticism.

oh baby, you're an angel, walking down the street, looking who to meet, oh, you're an angel, in disquise, I can see it in your eyes.

This could be one, but I think I actually like a few songs from them. I listened to them a bit back when they were getting big for most of a summer they were on one CD I'd play in my car, and then stopped for years. So now I don't know if I really like it or if it's just nostalgia, because that was a pretty sweet ass summer.

I came in here to say Brittney Spears - Toxic.

Oh, I see Toxic had been said. Well then to encourage originality I'll change mine to Paula Abdul - Straight Up. I've dug that song since the first time I heard it on the radio in High School sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot waiting for my mom to pick up a few items. Yes, that's right. I even remember the first time I heard it.

:embarrassed:

How about Lady Gaga in general. I HATE that I like her stuff, but my goodness her music is catchy. Infectious.

How about Lady Gaga in general. I HATE that I like her stuff, but my goodness her music is catchy. Infectious.

I agree on both counts - except she lacks any originality. She seems to me to be the illegitimate offspring of Madonna and Elton John.....

Back