Your favorite song by . . .(Thursday Edition)

Not even that.

I was looking through some of your old posts.... I was going to pick out a band and dog you with it....

... but then I saw your post about the entire Blood Sugar Sex Magic album.... and I decided to let it go. Great album. :baimun:

Wake Up Dead! :rawk:

If you're not a fan of Mustaine's singing, then this would also be a great choice... there's only a handful of lines in the whole song... it's almost an instrumental. An instrumental with a killer groove. :grin:

I came in here to say precisely that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Megadeth. Picking a favorite song is pretty difficult. I will just go with several:embarrassed:

Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good
A Tout la Monde
Five Magics
Tornado of Souls

Megadeth was always my favourite of the "big 4".

And Dave is probably the most consistent songwriter in metal for the last 25 or so years. Apart from "Risk" the guys haven't really released a single weak album - imo of course.

One of the absolute best metal bands I've seen live.

And while many may not like the tone/sound of Dave's voice, he's actually a way better singer than he gets credit for. Good range, good to excellent pitch (really) and great emotional quality.
Not to mention he pulls off some very intricate riffing at the same time.

His singing on the Youthanasia album is pretty damn good btw :)

As for favourite songs, it's really impossible to choose but some that stand out are "Tornado of Souls" for what is probably my favourite metal solo ever, Hangar 18, Foreclosure of a Dream, In My Darkest Hour, I Thought I Knew It All and Angry Again.

I love Dave's voice. Not that it is really great or anything, but it is distinctive, and it is a signature of Megadeth. It wouldn't be Megadeth with anyone else singing. And it is ridiculous that he is pulling off that riffing at the same time.:rawk:

I love Dave's voice. Not that it is really great or anything, but it is distinctive, and it is a signature of Megadeth. It wouldn't be Megadeth with anyone else singing. And it is ridiculous that he is pulling off that riffing at the same time.:rawk:

Very true. I just had to point out that he's a way better singer than most peeps are aware of.

One really cool thing I've noticed with his writing though, is that while most bands just solo over a verse or chorus, Megadeth will almost never do that.
They'll 9 out of 10 times solo over a new riff (sometimes a reworking of a previously introduced riff) entirely. I find that wicked cool :)

Very true. I just had to point out that he's a way better singer than most peeps are aware of.

One really cool thing I've noticed with his writing though, is that while most bands just solo over a verse or chorus, Megadeth will almost never do that.
They'll 9 out of 10 times solo over a new riff (sometimes a reworking of a previously introduced riff) entirely. I find that wicked cool :)

Yep. And those riffs are usually very badass on their own. Dave is a riff machine.

Hanger 18 probably.

though of their most recent stuff, I love the song 'Washington Is Next'

:santareindeer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back