Your favorite combo amp . . .

Owed Past Fav: The Peavey Classic 50 was my favorite. Unfortunately, it was too much power for my current uses, and it killed my back every time I carried it (a very old injury). This past week, it was part of the trade-in gear for the new Taylor.

Can't find a pic of mine, so this is exactly like the one I had.
p1_uqg03335e_so.jpg

Current Fav: It's a tie between the Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, and the '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. They're the perfect wattage for my needs, now.

As for what I want . . . well, I just got the 2 Fenders, so I think I currently have the sound that I want, and I have a couple of others for my electrics if I should want to change it up, and I couple of acoustics for the softer side.

Owed Past Fav: The Peavey Classic 50 was my favorite. Unfortunately, it was too much power for my current uses, and it killed my back every time I carried it (a very old injury). This past week, it was part of the trade-in gear for the new Taylor.

Can't find a pic of mine, so this is exactly like the one I had.
p1_uqg03335e_so.jpg

Current Fav: It's a tie between the Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, and the '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. They're the perfect wattage for my needs, now.

As for what I want . . . well, I just got the 2 Fenders, so I think I currently have the sound that I want, and I have a couple of others for my electrics if I should want to change it up, and I couple of acoustics for the softer side.

The classic 50 was my first gigging amp. I liked it.

My favorite is still probably the Mesa Mark I, but my Monkeymatic is getting close. I like it more than the Allen I had.

It's a one trick pony, way more amp than I need, to loud, to heavy, and I don't care about any of that because I'm completely addicted to it. Still have it and it's here to stay.

I'm going to go in a very different direction, but right now this is my favorite combo amp. It sounds incredible with every guitar I've plugged into it, and it also gives me very good PA. The effects are quite useful and musical, and it goes from whisper quiet to loud as hell (180 watts).

fishman-loudbox-performer.jpg

Owned - Zinky Blue Velvet. I have owned 2.
Gassed for - Rivera Clubster, Marshall DSL 40

Have: Vox AC-30/6 TB

Want: Very early AC-30 fawn covering. My 78 is way to new. I want something around 62-63.
voxtv1.jpg

I'm still a bought and paid for fanboi of the MESA Express 5:25 1x12. I love the thing, especially the channel 1 clean setting. Although the ch2 burn sounds great, I've been carting along a dirt pedal and using it w/ch1 on the clean setting for even more dirt options - just an amazing clean, all kinds of volume if needed (I've played halls without mic'ing it).

Tube combo - AC30

Solid State combo - JC 120

The '63 Reverb gets honorable mention.

Back