Your favorite combo amp . . .

Although here's a clip from a session I did last week with the group Mercy Miles, and I'm playing my Strat through a Keeley Comp, Sparkle Drive and into a blackface Princeton that belonged to the studio. It was very sweet! Not great recording quality from the camera but you get the idea.

Nice!

I just sold my 2 knob Keeley compressor a few weeks ago. It's my favorite compressor but since it was kind of wasted in my live pedalboard I sold it and some other stuff to fund a new guitar :)

I'm started to get curious about Princetons....probably not a good thing considering my lack of funds for gear at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dew Knot Hump: didn´t you once say you played a Fender Pro Reverb? Being a "double" Deluxe Reverb, with some 60 w (or 40) and with two 12" speakers , it seems to fit my demands pretty well?

I've played through Pros before, never owned one. A Pro is basically a lower powered Twin with one 12. It has the headroom of a Twin but at a much lower volume.

I had a Pro Reverb. Fucking thing weighed 100 pounds, had the typical shitty Fender gain channel as well but sounded pretty good otherwise. I had to dump it for a more portable amp though, that thing was a boat anchor.

I had a Pro Reverb. Fucking thing weighed 100 pounds, had the typical shitty Fender gain channel as well but sounded pretty good otherwise. I had to dump it for a more portable amp though, that thing was a boat anchor.

there's a Pro Reverb with a gain channel? pics?

that blows. the Pro Reverb isn't supposed to have a gain channel at all. just normal and vibrato. stupid fender.

haha.

I think they've made versions of every cool amp with stupid modern features at one point or another. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if the new features didn't suck but they usually don't get it right anyway.

haha.

I think they've made versions of every cool amp with stupid modern features at one point or another. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if the new features didn't suck but they usually don't get it right anyway.

i'm still pissed about how they destroyed the Bandmaster name. :mad:

The Pro Reverb in the ebay link seems to be a 1x12 version. I thought that all Pro Reverbs were 2x12....

tweed deluxe.jpg

tweed front.jpg

Back