Question: Your amp plans for 2015?

My amp situation is pretty much resolved...

I recently got an insane deal on a PRS SE30 head...I have a 1x12 cabinet and an Eminence Governor speaker in the studio waiting for the weekend...

I still have my Ibanez TSA15h amp with it's companion 1x12 loaded with an Eminence Red White and Blues...

I just received the replacement Ragin Cajun 10" speaker for my beloved SuperChampXD...

...and that's pretty much where I'll be for the foreseeable future...

Also on Friday I'm going to GC and playing every amp they've got in stock, but am paying special attention to the '68 Custom Vibrolux, AC15C1/X, and the AC30CS-TV.

I've said it a couple of times, but I can't adequately express how profoundly disappointed I was in that amp. I had been looking forward to it for so long and then... meh. I got Pete Thorn'd.
You must've been doing it wrong.
:wink:

J12312000000000-00-750x750.jpg

I'm still loving my MESA Express 5:25 1x12 combo, so no amp plans at all.

I was toying with the idea of selling the 5:25 combo to help finance one of these:
Mark525H-large.jpg

Since I also have a 1x12 MESA cab (the bottom half of 5:25 combo that I take out when needed (i.e. pretty much never).

The reality is, I really don't need to do this, I would be out some money, and I'll probably still sound and play exactly like me. Plus, I like the convenience of the combo 1x12.

Do eeeet... so you can sell it to me used later. :helper:

I've said it a couple of times, but I can't adequately express how profoundly disappointed I was in that amp. I had been looking forward to it for so long and then... meh. I got Pete Thorn'd.

As much as I dig his playing... I'm now suspect of every review video I hear from him because he's so damned good. I look for other reviews of the same gear from guys who suck. :embarrassed:

No plans for anything new. Sticking with my two Trace Elliot combos for gigging and the Boss Microcube for home practice.

Two amps.jpg

I am looking at getting some effects into the rig rather than just the guitar/wireless/amps system however. Whether that ends up being on a pedal board or a rack remains to be seen.

As much as I dig his playing... I'm now suspect of every review video I hear from him because he's so damned good. I look for other reviews of the same gear from guys who suck. :embarrassed:

Absolutely. I was really sold, but in my hands it sounded awful.

Absolutely. I was really sold, but in my hands it sounded awful.
I went searching for user clips yesterday, and I found one where a guy did the line out and used Recabinet. He only did one sound--kind of a just past the point of breakup, Americana kinda thing--but it sounded really, really good to my ears.
Maybe the cab you were playing through wasn't a good match? I still want to find one and give it a go.

I went searching for user clips yesterday, and I found one where a guy did the line out and used Recabinet. He only did one sound--kind of a just past the point of breakup, Americana kinda thing--but it sounded really, really good to my ears.
Maybe the cab you were playing through wasn't a good match? I still want to find one and give it a go.

It was a Suhr cab with the V30, which is what it's designed to pair with. Just wasn't happening. I tried a couple of different guitars too. :(

Back