You will die like dogs

Oh, it's not that the BMP-2 wouldn't have enough gain. It's that there's a spikiness that an OD set with low gain smooths out. Ever notice how smooth and fat Gilmour's tone has always been, rather than what most BMP users have experienced? I found that the BMP is a little spitty without an overdrive unless it's in front of an amp that's got a bit of it's own dirt going on (not much).

I see what you mean but this one is close enough. If you want the perfect Gilmour tone in one box, the iron bell is it. I think with the bmp-2 I would throw a compressor in front to totally nail it.

I see what you mean but this one is close enough. If you want the perfect Gilmour tone in one box, the iron bell is it. I think with the bmp-2 I would throw a compressor in front to totally nail it.
I've still got an incomplete Violet Ram's Head kit from GGG. One day I'll finish it. I put one of my MXR ODs in front of a Bass BMP set to Normal (which is a Russian BMP circuit) and it was perfect Gilmour.

I've still got an incomplete Violet Ram's Head kit from GGG. One day I'll finish it. I put one of my MXR ODs in front of a Bass BMP set to Normal (which is a Russian BMP circuit) and it was perfect Gilmour.

Just get the Iron Bell. :grin:

Cool, I had no idea Mojo Hand is based locally, somewhere in Galveston County according to their area code.
Hmmm...

Back