You can have Sammy Hagar's Ferrari Daytona.

The Sammy Hagar connection doesn't add much value to the car. Vintage Ferraris that are owned by 'famous' people really only have lots of additional value when they are owned by someone with a connection to Ferrari motorsports, like Enzo, Fangio, or Schumacher.

I think the vintage car market is about to implode, so even if I was looking for something like this (and could dream of affording such thing), I would wait a bit.

Last edited:
I haven't kept track lately, but there was a time when virtually any drivable Daytona was selling for $1M. 1.6 doesn't sound too far off the mark to me.

1.6 doesn't sound too far off the mark to me.

A Daytona Spyder over a $1M makes sense to me, but I don't know about the coupes. Daytonas have always been under-appreciated because they have a reputation for being pigs to drive at low speed, but a Daytona would probably be the first purchase I'd make if I won the Powerball. I've just always been nuts about them. Fantasy Junction has three very nice examples ranging from $750-$925:

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/index/Inventory/page:2

I agree with @Tiltsta about the market being overdue for a correction. This just can't be sustainable.

How about this monster instead? Surely this has to be the King of comp Daytonas: 4th overall at Le Mans in '71, and 5th place overall at Daytona... in a six year old car... driven by Paul Newman:

http://www.gtc-collection-cars.com/car-for-sale/1971-ferrari/365-gtb-4-daytona-gr4-aluminium-16.html

Reactions: OGG
Probably just another sales guy who’s using a silly price tag to get lots of attention on the internet. Someone who wants to pay a realistic price will notice the chattering and call to make an offer.

Sammy Hagar's ownership doesn't really add any meaningful pedigree to the Daytona, but if he ever sold the black Boxer he drove in the "I Can't Drive 55" video I think that would command a premium. He still owns the BB though and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get rid of it.

There should be a price reduction due to Sammy's dandruff flakes in the interior.

i'm not sure why the have the car called "i can't drive 55", because the Daytona IS NOT the car Sammy was driving in the video. it was his 512 Berlinetta Boxer.

Last edited:
I'm holding out for his Trans Am.
Sammy-Hagar-I-cant-drive-55-Bestride.jpg

muppets.gif

Back