Yeah, I did... New Marshall Day

mr_brockburst58

Pentatonic Niinja
SO I went out and played a bunch of tube amps...Fender, Egnater, Orange, and a few others. I have always gravitated toward the Les Paul and Marshall sound. My experience with Marshall amps was limited to a MG series? that was a low watt piece of poo.

At any rate, I tried my R8 though a new DSL 40. Abso-freaking love love love it. The clean and crunch setting on the classic gain channel shake my tree. The ultra gain channel is useful too, properly tamed. I love the pentode triode modes too. So far no pedals through it, but it responds wonderfully to pick attack and volume and tone knob adjustments.

Finally, Im getting tone that sounds like what I want to hear in my own head, be it clean, crunch, or crazy train... LOL

Thanks to all that made suggestions in my previous thread.

I can't see the label but is that a 401? Ive had one a few years, my first (and currently only) tube amp.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Took it over today to one of my band mates house for a jam session. We both play Les Pauls, but he was using his Mesa. He was really impressed with the Marshall as well. His strat sounded awesome though the amp as well. Next up, the effects look test....

-peace

well, I am happy to report that I have reconfigured my pedalboard, placing my Marshall Supervibe Chorus. Danelectro Cool Cat Tremelo, Nova Delay, and Marshall Echohead pedals in the loop. My Morley Volume, Tuner, OCD Marshall Compressor and Fulltone fat boost in front.

The sounds I am getting continue to impress and inspire.

Back