Wups

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
agxv22hjezoc9u7y3osp.jpg

Last edited:
I have had that conversation with my wife on too many occasions. A package shows up and she asks what it is and I have to explain how I threw out a joke of an offer and someone accepted it.

I bought this to sell it. Or to sell my other compressor. We'll see. :embarrassed:

So I really like the BC-1x. Through my lowly Peavey at apartment levels, it's retains my highs and adds nicely to the sound. It also works better on guitar. I'm stupid enough to go looking for a guitar comp even though I don't need one. For that reason alone, I think I'm gonna keep it and sell the LMB-3.

Last edited:
So I really like the BC-1x. Through my lowly Peavey at apartment levels, it's retains my highs and adds nicely to the sound. It also works better on guitar. I'm stupid enough to go looking for a guitar comp even though I don't need one. For that reason alone, I think I'm gonna keep it and sell the LMB-3.
Today ladies and gentlemen marks a significant turning point in this costly and protracted battle against Howie's misdirected aggression against compressors the world over.

The fight is not over, but the walls of obtuse indignation have begun to crumble. We now have what we believe to be our first opening and a chance to design a working strategy that will end his one man campaign of tyranny and oppression against a long list of otherwise highly regarded and important building blocks in Mankind's quest for teh ultimate toanz.

I have instructed or Generals to unleash a full frontal assault using Stratocasters with middle pick ups and gold hardware that will only be used in positions 2 and 4.

Each of these mighty weapons will be used in conjunction with heavy doses of rich, analog Stereo Chorus in order to achieve maximum effect.

A battalion of Gibson Firebird Xs is currently being assembled in Kalamazoo by a team of Les Pauls and SGs in preparation of the inevitable occupation by our forces within the borders of Howieland. They will storm the beaches in a fleet of gold hardware failboats as soon as the order comes down.

The end is in sight, but we can not rest in that knowledge. We must double our efforts for the remainder of this ugly conflict in order to achieve ultimate victory while minimizing casualties.

Rod bless the brave soldiers that have, and continue to stay the course through this heinous conflagration, and Rod bless the MWGL.

Today ladies and gentlemen marks a significant turning point in this costly and protracted battle against Howie's misdirected aggression against compressors the world over.

The fight is not over, but the walls of obtuse indignation have begun to crumble. We now have what we believe to be our first opening and a chance to design a working strategy that will end his one man campaign of tyranny and oppression against a long list of otherwise highly regarded and important building blocks in Mankind's quest for teh ultimate toanz.

I have instructed or Generals to unleash a full frontal assault using Stratocasters with middle pick ups and gold hardware that will only be used in positions 2 and 4.

Each of these mighty weapons will be used in conjunction with heavy doses of rich, analog Stereo Chorus in order to achieve maximum effect.

A battalion of Gibson Firebird Xs is currently being assembled in Kalamazoo by a team of Les Pauls and SGs in preparation of the inevitable occupation by our forces within the borders of Howieland. They will storm the beaches in a fleet of gold hardware failboats as soon as the order comes down.

The end is in sight, but we can not rest in that knowledge. We must double our efforts for the remainder of this ugly conflict in order to achieve ultimate victory while minimizing casualties.

Rod bless the brave soldiers that have, and continue to stay the course through this heinous conflagration, and Rod bless the MWGL.

The problem with all effects, but especially compression and chorus, is they're over used. Subtlety is not in most guitarists' vocabulary. Hence the issue.

It should also be noted this is a multiband compressor, and not some MXR or Ross clone. And I'm backing off on the controls considerably so it doesn't sound like crap. Compressors should be felt, not heard. :embarrassed:

The problem with all effects, but especially compression and chorus, is they're over used. Subtlety is not in most guitarists' vocabulary. Hence the issue.

It should also be noted this is a multiband compressor, and not some MXR or Ross clone. And I'm backing off on the controls considerably so it doesn't sound like crap. Compressors should be felt, not heard. :embarrassed:
Baby steps Bob, baby steps.

Got to plug into my actual bass amp today and it sounded pretty good. I also started turning knobs on the DOD Boneshaker and tightened up the distortion on it. I'm still under utilizing the EQ on that pedal, but I'm getting there.

Back