WTF is with F&%#$ng small toob amps...grrrrrrr... (a rant)

^^^^ Thought about that one. The new 35 is based off the same "Rockerverb with transistors" circuit as the 60 and 120, and comes in at $259. Sounds pretty good, but if I'm gonna go back to tubeless, gonna be the MIII V2 I think.

My 2 cents...

Looks like you've dropped alot of $300-450 on small entry level heads low watt...... For the price of a couple of those that youve already dumped money into you could of had a really good low watt head.....

Check youtube for Ceriatone lunchbox OTS or Cream Brulea, Lightning .... for that matter if you have to have a "Name Brand" you could of gotten a Dr Z Maz 18 for a grand used...

Do your self a favor and check out a few quality heads trust me theyre out there and youll save money in the long run

My 2 cents

My 2 cents...

Looks like you've dropped alot of $300-450 on small entry level heads low watt...... For the price of a couple of those that youve already dumped money into you could of had a really good low watt head.....

Check youtube for Ceriatone lunchbox OTS or Cream Brulea, Lightning .... for that matter if you have to have a "Name Brand" you could of gotten a Dr Z Maz 18 for a grand used...

Do your self a favor and check out a few quality heads trust me theyre out there and youll save money in the long run

My 2 cents

Well, I did recover most of the cost of those over the years, so :wink: .

My problem is that in reality a good SS or modeler is really all I need for my purposes, but every now and then I have to scratch that tube itch, but it doesn't last very long and is not practical. I'm sure if I could use a tube amp to it's fullest extent I could justify spending some extra $$$.

Heres a used low watter of the Bogner variety

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/msg/4877730976.html

bogner.jpg

Finding the right low watt tube amp for me just seems to be an exercise in futility. I've been through quite a few also. Mesa, Vox, Marshall, Blackstar, VHT. The only new amps on my radar are the new Peavey Classic 20, and Bugera G5. I'm leaning towards the Bugera. Nothing is making pull the trigger though.

I don't really get the point of the mini-rec...considering the full sized versions have channel vol and a global master so it's not like you can't throttle 'em back and get tones for bedroom playing plus there are always plenty on the used market.

Scott - not sure the tone you are after, but if you decide to ditch tubes - try a Peavey VIP Vypyr I or II. It does some very nice Fender Clean, Fender Dirty, only one or two AC15/AC30 preesets, but does all the Peavey emulations (Classic 50, XXX, Butcher, 6505) extremely well. I don't know why they get over looked. Much superior to the previous Vypyr series.

^^^ Hey, Woody :Wave:

Nah, if you saw my "Pt. II" thread, I have since picked up an Ibanez TSA15 head and cab. Does a great Fender, but has the Tubescreamer circuit built in. Sounds great, and is damn-near hum free :thu:.

Back