Wow... A perfect explanation of the DC/Zach Snyder Struggles

I totally disagree with the Hawkeye scene. The only reason I liked it was Linda Cardellini was in it. If she wasn't there, they could have cut the whole thing and most of the rest of that flick.

I totally disagree with the Hawkeye scene. The only reason I liked it was Linda Cardellini was in it. If she wasn't there, they could have cut the whole thing and most of the rest of that flick.

I really liked the Hawkeye scene... he had always seemed like a somewhat useless character next to these gods, monsters, and superheroes... and that scene made me realize he was a normal human heart in the center of the team, keeping them grounded.

I really liked the Hawkeye scene... he had always seemed like a somewhat useless character next to these gods, monsters, and superheroes... and that scene made me realize he was a normal human heart in the center of the team, keeping them grounded.

It was out of place. It was an Avengers movie, it would have been fine in a Hawkeye movie.

It was out of place. It was an Avengers movie, it would have been fine in a Hawkeye movie.

I saw it as a "human" moment, juxtaposed against Ultron quantifying humanity for it's violence and things it had done world wide. Reminding the Avengers why humanity is worth saving before going into battle.

That was very well thought out and articulated. The examples used to drive the point home were excellent.

I'm not a big Super Hero movie guy, but the ones I really enjoy consistently come from one camp, and it isn't DC. That's not to say Marvel hasn't made some stinkers. Both modern Hulk movies are awful. The rebooted Spider-Man so soon on the heels of the last franchise is a decision that really puzzles me. The Toby Maguire movies were certainly flawed, but enjoyable and I thought he did pretty well with the character up until the 3rd one which was more a matter of poor material than anything else. The reboot films aren't bad, they're just completely unnecessary and somehow wrongly apologetic.

The Fantastic 4 Reboot may be one of the worst films in the history of the entire genre. Not only was it also too soon on the heels of the previous franchise, but it was a terrible film in every way.

Yet, I'd likely still watch it if it was my only choice against any number of DC films.

That was very well thought out and articulated. The examples used to drive the point home were excellent.

I'm not a big Super Hero movie guy, but the ones I really enjoy consistently come from one camp, and it isn't DC. That's not to say Marvel hasn't made some stinkers. Both modern Hulk movies are awful. The rebooted Spider-Man so soon on the heels of the last franchise is a decision that really puzzles me. The Toby Maguire movies were certainly flawed, but enjoyable and I thought he did pretty well with the character up until the 3rd one which was more a matter of poor material than anything else. The reboot films aren't bad, they're just completely unnecessary and somehow wrongly apologetic.

The Fantastic 4 Reboot may be one of the worst films in the history of the entire genre. Not only was it also too soon on the heels of the previous franchise, but it was a terrible film in every way.

Yet, I'd likely still watch it if it was my only choice against any number of DC films.

Only one of the movies that you're referencing here - the Ed Norton Hulk - was produced by Disney/Marvel Studios.

All of the others were movies made by other production companies - Fox, Sony, etc. - that Marvel Comics had licenced its characters to during the 90s, when it was struggling.

Marvel Studios has been diligent in trying to get those properties back. Those that they have had, they've done well with. Yeah, they're owned by Disney, but those films have had major input from people who've spent their entire lives working in the comic book industry.

Dang, Linda Cardellini was in it? :love:

I may have to netflix it now :embarrassed:

Back