would you pay $1000 for this tele?

Are there guitar modders with enough cache to make a modded guitar a value-added item? I'm out of my depth here, but isn't there a what's-his-name who has a pedal mod that people will pay for, and a Dobro guy who has a series of mods that are more or less required to be taken seriously? Seems like there could be SOMEBODY who could pull this off, but certainly not some jackwad in Connecticut.

This is why I no longer mod beyond a simple pickup swap. I got sick of paying $200 for a guitar, putting $500 in it, and winding up with a $200 guitar. And I can take the pickups back out if I sell.

This is why I no longer mod beyond a simple pickup swap. I got sick of paying $200 for a guitar, putting $500 in it, and winding up with a $200 guitar. And I can take the pickups back out if I sell.

I always return the guitar to stock before selling. Then I keep the upgrades for another guitar, or sell them as parts.

I think the only Tele I would pay $1000 for is this.
products_ultra_tone_t_deluxe_transcream_lg.jpg

Are there guitar modders with enough cache to make a modded guitar a value-added item? I'm out of my depth here, but isn't there a what's-his-name who has a pedal mod that people will pay for, and a Dobro guy who has a series of mods that are more or less required to be taken seriously? Seems like there could be SOMEBODY who could pull this off, but certainly not some jackwad in Connecticut.
There are a few guys who do a good business in custom partscasters but I'm not aware of professional modders.

But Keely lives here in my home town and he does good business modding pedals. But, he makes specific mods that were popularized by DIY types and became recognized as worthy mods. He's merely doing the work for those who don't have skills, tools or desire to tear shit up.

There are a few guys who do a good business in custom partscasters but I'm not aware of professional modders.

But Keely lives here in my home town and he does good business modding pedals. But, he makes specific mods that were popularized by DIY types and became recognized as worthy mods. He's merely doing the work for those who don't have skills, tools or desire to tear shit up.

i see keely modded stuff on cl all the time. they arent worth any more than non keely modded stuff.

Id give him $400 max. It's worth what an unmodded version is worth not a dollar more. Let him keep the garbage he put on it. If he likes it he can keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i see keely modded stuff on cl all the time. they arent worth any more than non keely modded stuff.

Not anymore. There was a time, but that ship has sailed since the major players re-incorporated the mods into new models. The MXR '78 Badass Distortion is nothing more than a Keeley modded BOSS DS-1.

Back