Achtung! work rant

I love my job but the shittiest part of it isn't the kids not taking their meds and going tonto, the appalling verbal abuse I get on a regular basis or the reasonable risk of being physically attacked... Most of which can be attributed to their diagnoses.

It's really petty but it's that they idolise the girl I took over from who HATED them (to the point she chose not to return to work after maternity leave because she didn't want to work with these kids again) but I - who genuinely like them all and go way over and above to make them enjoy their time there - am the chief asshole because I y know, make them do work in class, try to teach them some social skills and don't let them throw chairs out of the window and shit. :facepalm:

It genuinely took all my power of decency and professionalism today to suck that up when they were being horrendous and one of them gave it "Ms ijenhbedcbrfb was much nicer and better than you." to not lay down the home truth that by the end of her tenure their brilliant teacher was so disgusted / worn down by them she'd rather leave her job and move back home than go back to teach them.

Some days, you just wanna' broadcast one of these.
upload_2015-11-23_13-5-27.jpeg

Here was me thinking today was a much kinder, less mentally ball busting affair, dare I even say nice? When one of them tried to spit on me for having the audacity to ask him to get his stuff together because it was time to go home :wtf:

He's fucked up big time and it requires no energy from me to even implement the punishment.

He's a total nerd and big bad mr jbj went without a tv in the house for 2 weeks at the end of last term because I took I my old n64 and goldeneye for them to use on breaks and down tine.

Ever since not a week has gone by without him asking when I'm bringing it back in because it was great fun. Guess who's had a sudden change of heart about bringing it in for the Christmas holiday run in :embarrassed:

Teaching them not to act like wanks is at the core of what I do.

Keeping them out of jail is a secondary concern :embarrassed:

Back