Woot Woot!!!! A box from Sweetwater just arrived!!!.....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
... been a while waiting for this because of the custom tolex. :helper:

recto25.jpg

DANCING-banana@Mark Wein @OGG @mystixboi1 @Kerouac @Help!I'maRock!

Sweet. Your new gigging amp? Which amp is that replacing?

Not really replacing the Orange.... the Rockerverb is just too big and heavy to be carting around with the Mesa cabinet, and I'm selling my Traynor head.

I went to Sweetwater a while ago and was just blown away at how good this two channel Mesa sounded. It's the preamp of a Rectoverb mated up to an EL-84 power section that can be 25 watts or switched down to 10 on each channel.

Separate reverb control for the clean and dirty channel, and a pouch in back that holds the footswitch and power cable. Also came with a padded cover.

All in all... a perfect portable gigging amp. The Orange can stay at home.

Last edited:
Just plugged it in. So many sweet sounds from one tiny little combo! I'm actually surprised that I'm preferring the "pushed" clean sound over the "clean". It's still chimey but has a little hair when you dig into the strings hard. Probably the sound I'll use the most on it.

I was switching back and forth with the Orange (which still sounds like a beast b.t.w.) and I can still get plenty of gain out of it but it never gets too mushy or flubby sounding. Probably not a great amp for doom-metalers (at least not without a pedal) but it's perfect for what I need to do with it.

Back