Dig it! Woohoo! 18:1

BlackCat

American Greaser
20150220_122023.jpg

I put a set of those on an old acoustic I had because the originals were too worn to save. Sadly the adjustable rosewood bridge cracked right after that and it’s not worth fixing :(

I remember the first time I saw those vintage style open tuners, I thought they were just just put on to cut costs. They're on both of my Gretsch guitars (I doubt there are Grovers, though), and I am very pleasantly surprised how good they are.

I know. That's were I first heard about them.

Did you notice when you were looking that there are two versions of these? I see you put 18:1 in the title so you apparently did.
There's a 14:1 version for cheap, for those who don't want to pay for the 18:1.

View attachment 18991
Did you notice when you were looking that there are two versions of these? I see you put 18:1 in the title so you apparently did.
There's a 14:1 version for cheap, for those who don't want to pay for the 18:1.

The 14:1 would have been the direct replacement for my old Grovers but I thought they would be more effective with a finer adjustment.

grover.jpg

I read on the H.A.M.B that patina is the yuppie word for rust.

:grin:
The use of "yuppy" dates you (and me). :embarrassed:

When you are selling something you use "patina" to enhance age and character. When you are buying use "rust" to work the price down.

:grin:
The use of "yuppy" dates you (and me). :embarrassed:

When you are selling something you use "patina" to enhance age and character. When you are buying use "rust" to work the price down.

I was going to change it to hipster but the guy that said it must have been from our generation too.

The MIK Gretsch is getting them next. I started doing upgrades to it shortly after I got it 9 years ago. But I never finished and it's lived in it's case for the past 5 years. I recently pulled it out and started playing it more often. I guess I'll finish the planned upgrades.

20150223_081507_LLS.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Back