Wood Shedding

Scott_Abene

Resident Noodge
Had a bunch of wood shedding to do on music today so I figured that I would work everything out on one of my acoustics.

I forgot how much fun my Yairi Bob Weir model is.

We should all be playing more acoustic guitar!

11800559_10153455066978360_8270764805315309616_n.jpg

The bridge pulled off my acoustic and it looks like one of the braces is broken - it may end up in the woodshed.

I haven't plugged in months and only played guitar for second in fewer months today when I played at least two chords.

My obsession has greatly diminished to less than a hobby.

Anyway, when I do play it's an acoustic 90-95% of the time. So it would be hard to play much more unless I never played electric...which I almost do.

I enjoy playing electric, but when I play in church it's 80% acoustic-electric. I'll be singing and playing tomorrow, and I'm still trying to decide if I want to play the Epi Masterbuilt DR500MCE (Solid wood spruce/mahogany), or the Takamine Glen Frey Signature (solid wood spruce/rosewood). I've played them both most of the evening, and I still can't decide which sounds the best for the song. Guess I'll take them both and decide which sounds best in the church.

I actually practice more on the acoustic than the electric. And that is with a less than inspiring acoustic (it is a good guitar....just very bland overall). I was goofing around today with the acoustic and a capo and came up with some really cool chord progressions. Possibly the beginnings of a song. I did the open 'D' capo thing (capo on the second fret leaving the low 'E' uncapoed).

I regret to say that I've been neglecting my acoustic playing of late.
I need to get back to it.

I love acoustic and electric. I played around my fire pit the 4th and 5th of July about 4 hours each night. I play electric one or two hours a day but love to jam on my sigma.
uploadfromtaptalk1437896702056.jpg

I've played one of my electrics ONCE in the last 6 months.......

It's just far easier to pick up the acoustic and noodle around.

I don't do acoustic

that's cool. i have gone through phases where i only played electric guitar. but, at least for me, i inevitably reach a point where i need to be playing an acoustic instrument. some people call the telecaster the "polygraph" of guitars because a player's true skill level is revealed upon playing it through a straight signal, and that may be true. But i am inclined to think of acoustic guitars as earning that title - if a player can sound great on an acoustic guitar, then they're doing quite alright in my book (not that i actually judge, but just sayin'...).

Last edited:
Back