Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Picked it up last night and played for a couple of hours. Game looks gorgeous, has a great score, and seems to be huge... 100+ hours. Combat seems fairly challenging (on the Hard mode) and have a really unique flow to it. This is the first one in the series I've played, so I'm still kinda digging into the storyline and getting a feel for the flavor, but it's fun. I really like the card mini-game (Gwent?) that plays like a medieval feeling Magic: the Gathering. Only real complaint so far is one I have for a lot of current gen games... WHY IS THE TEXT SO FUCKING SMALL?!? :mad: I've got a 65" TV and some of the fonts (like in shops or your inventory) are ant sized. The fuck?

I'd love to give it a whirl, but I suspect the graphics requirements would make it crawl under windows on my macbook pro. I think it is the kind of game that requires a serious video card. I think my machine has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, and I don't know if that is enough.

I've wanted to get a new gaming computer for a while, and my travel schedule and family life requires it be a notebook. I bit the bullet and ordered a new ASUS laptop with a 4 GB Nvidia 980M graphics card, 24 gigs of ram, a 256 SSD, 1 TB HD, and an intel core i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz CPU. It is a 17 inch screen model and part of their gaming oriented ROG series and has built in over clocking software and some advanced cooling tech for the CPU and GPU. Should be here late next week. I know I could have ordered a better desktop for less money, but a notebook is way better for me.

Looks like I'll get a chance to try this game after all.

I've wanted to get a new gaming computer for a while, and my travel schedule and family life requires it be a notebook. I bit the bullet and ordered a new ASUS laptop with a 4 GB Nvidia 980M graphics card, 24 gigs of ram, a 256 SSD, 1 TB HD, and an intel core i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz CPU. It is a 17 inch screen model and part of their gaming oriented ROG series and has built in over clocking software and some advanced cooling tech for the CPU and GPU. Should be here late next week. I know I could have ordered a better desktop for less money, but a notebook is way better for me.

Looks like I'll get a chance to try this game after all.

The only reason I haven't done something like that is I vastly prefer playing on a console than on a computer.

I'll be getting a PS4 as soon as FO4 is out, and then I'll be able to explore some of these other games. I'd like to check this one out.

I would have just upgraded to a PS4 or something, but the laptop lets me sit on the couch next to the wife and kids while they watch TV. If I am gaming upstairs in the office, or PS4'ing on the TV in my office, I get the complaints related to not spending time with the family. Laptop has solved that problem pretty well in the past, but my current laptop just can't run a lot of modern games.

This new one can run Witcher3 on ultra settings and kick out 50-60 fps.

I got the game yesterday. I've played it for a couple of hours. It is really an amazing thing. The graphics are stunning and the story line and quests seem pretty good so far. The world is huge and it seems to be loaded with content. New gaming laptop can indeed run everything on max quality and produce solid frame rates.

I suck at combat. I need to go back and redo the combat training a few more times.

Combat in the game is really tricky and there is a steep learning curve to it in general. I only made it out of the first area before Elder Scrolls came out, so I have no idea when I'll revisit it.

And finished. Wow, that took a long time of witchering. Anyway, game was really epic and there is an expansion coming soon.

I never finished it and with Fallout 4 out in three weeks I don't know when I'll get back to it.

I'm looking forward to Fallout 4.

I've been playing BF4 online mostly these days. I know military team based FPS shooters are not everyone's bag, but I find them fun.

I'm looking forward to Fallout 4.

I've been playing BF4 online mostly these days. I know military team based FPS shooters are not everyone's bag, but I find them fun.

I've never played Battlefield, but I know my students love it. I've been sticking to Elder Scrolls Online, with some GTA V thrown in for mayhem.

Seems the first of the Witcher 3 expansions came out this week. It is supposed to be pretty decent.

Back