Wisdom from Sgt. Friday

shoeless

Riffin'
aP9w3Oq_700b.jpg

That was the great thing about that show. He went on one of those rants almost every episode.

Funny shit.

Pretty much...that TV show went off the air in 1970, yet here we are having the same conversations. Old men yelling at clouds.

No...it's from the show, and yes they're talking to a few hippies in the office.

Had me fooled. As I say, it was typical, but showed a bit more look to the future than I would have expected from a reactionary show. (Disclaimer: I loved Dragnet as a kid but they lost me about the time this episode aired.)

Boy, Colonel Potter hardly aged a day between 1953 and 1970! In fact, he looks BETTER in 1970. What's his secret?

Jack Webb is unequivocally the worst actor ever to be on television. You can literally see him looking for his mark in any given scene.

Jack Webb is unequivocally the worst actor ever to be on television. You can literally see him looking for his mark in any given scene.
Plus the fact that he read every scene off cue cards...doesnt deter me from loving that show, though...

The OP makes me think of Bill Cosby chastising young folks. "All your hippin and a hoppin and your pants around your knees."

Yeah, Bill. :rolleyes:

Back