Help! Wiring advice

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
replacing a HH loaded guard on my Squier with an SSS.
Pics
Old guard
3FCBB90E-9842-4AFC-A0EC-644D01447888.jpeg

New guard
E38DDE40-31E6-49D3-B022-357228867BB4.jpeg

The HH has 2 wires to the jack. I got it right when I did it, so I’m assuming red is hot here?
The SSS has 2 black wires and a white. I’m assuming the white is ground and the 2 blacks are hot, so I’ll connect the 2 blacks together and wire them where the red wire is now on the jack.
Correct?
No instructions with this budget eBay pickguard.

Wrong...your white is the hot out, the blacks are grounds...

You can double check me off the white is coming off the center out of the volume pot...that out is the hot out...if the blacks are coming off that out then they are hot...

Wrong...your white is the hot out, the blacks are grounds...

You can double check me off the white is coming off the center out of the volume pot...that out is the hot out...if the blacks are coming off that out then they are hot...[/QUOTE
I’m confused, sorry I’m dense. You mean the white wire should go where the red one is now?

One of the black grounds should go to the output jack where your black wire is now, the other black wire should go to the bridge...the white wire goes to the jack where the red wire is now...

Rats, gonna have to go buy some flux I think. My iron doesn’t seem to want to get hot enough to melt enough of the old solder off the input jack.

Cleaned it but it didn’t work. Old iron just crapped out. Went and got a new iron and finished the job.
Cheap pickups are a bit spikey but I can deal with em for the time being. At least now I have a true single coil guitar in the stable.
Thanks Jelloman for helping out a wiring dummy.

Back