Will you cry when Vin Scully calls his last call ?

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I will listen to the last three games since they are playing the Giants but I will listen to Scullys cast of course. I might sniffle on his last call. Growing up my dad was a Dodgers fan as lots of people were in AZ. I remember riding in the car, on vacations, at home, etc Vin was always on the radio....the dude is a icon of icons and has a style and sound like no other. he is teh Man! it will be a sad day.

On the last game the Giants announcers will not even announce after the third inning in respect for Vin, he will do it all alone like it should be.

How about you ?

BeatLA.jpg

This.

But, Scully is a legend, and he grew up a Giants fan. I have a lot of respect for him even though he has cloaked himself in Dodger Blue for decades.

No I will not shed a tear for him, why should I? He has had a long, distinguished career and is going out on his own terms. I wish him well, and the Dodgers Hell.

Why cry? The man spent 67 years doing what he loved.
He traveled the country and called games played by Hall of Famers.
He is a sportscaster icon. loved by fans,players,the MLB...

If anything I will tip my hat, and envy his career.

End of an Era is an understatement. One of the elite few true voices of the game. I will probably shed a tear or two as a Padres fan that grew up also loving the Dodgers as a kid during the Garvey/Cey/Lopes/ Big Blue Wrecking Crew years. Vin is a class act for sure.

Here in San Diego, it's a sad time as well. After losing the great Gerry Coleman as the voice of the Padres a few years ago, we were so blessed to have the incomparable Dick Enberg take the helm since he is a long time local guy. His accolades are legendary, 10 Super Bowls, so many Olympic games etc... anyway. He too is hanging up the headset and mic this week. It was wonderful to have him for the short time we did. If anyone had a prayer of filling Col. Coleman's shoes, it was him. I imagine someday his likeness will join those of Tony Gwynn and The Colonel, cast in bronze, welcoming all who visit Petco Park.

Why cry? The man spent 67 years doing what he loved.
He traveled the country and called games played by Hall of Famers.
He is a sportscaster icon. loved by fans,players,the MLB...

If anything I will tip my hat, and envy his career.

Humans have emotions and stuff.

End of an Era is an understatement. One of the elite few true voices of the game. I will probably shed a tear or two as a Padres fan that grew up also loving the Dodgers as a kid during the Garvey/Cey/Lopes/ Big Blue Wrecking Crew years. Vin is a class act for sure.

Here in San Diego, it's a sad time as well. After losing the great Gerry Coleman as the voice of the Padres a few years ago, we were so blessed to have the incomparable Dick Enberg take the helm since he is a long time local guy. His accolades are legendary, 10 Super Bowls, so many Olympic games etc... anyway. He too is hanging up the headset and mic this week. It was wonderful to have him for the short time we did. If anyone had a prayer of filling Col. Coleman's shoes, it was him. I imagine someday his likeness will join those of Tony Gwynn and The Colonel, cast in bronze, welcoming all who visit Petco Park.
whatcha talkin' bout willis! I thought Garry Coleman droped out of television after Different Strokes ?

When I was driving the truck for a living I would listen to the Mets play the Dodgers on XM...they would only broadcast the home team feed so I spent many nights listening to Scully...for a baseball fan it is a sublime experience...

I will hopefully be able to tune in on Sunday...

I think I heard Scully once or twice on the World Series or the All-Star game. Won't be a big loss in my life. OTOH, one day Bob Uecker will be gone and it will be a sad day in Brewerland.

Back