Will the new Godin Summit Classic CT be released this Spring?

I just found out they are making it in this color with this PU config. I found my next guitar. Duncan '59 in the bridge. SOLD!

preview.jpg

I like these but I need four knobs to be happy with a LP style guitar.

While I get that, I like a master volume. However, I'd love to be able the mess around with a two vol two tone guitar to explore all the subtleties of the two pup sound.

Godin's putting out some nice stuff these days. My 40th anniversary acousticaster is a very well-constructed instrument.

While I get that, I like a master volume. However, I'd love to be able the mess around with a two vol two tone guitar to explore all the subtleties of the two pup sound.

In a perfect world I could have master volume and a per-pickup volume AND the guitar wouldn’t look stupid.

In a perfect world I could have master volume and a per-pickup volume AND the guitar wouldn’t look stupid.

That's what I thought when I got my old Alley Kat. While Gretsch somehow figured out how to make it work, regular humbuckers just can't handle the load from the extra potentiometer. Mudtone city.

Stupid looks, I can't help with.

Looked up the old summit line and they are just under a grand. These will probably be around the same price I figure.

Looked up the old summit line and they are just under a grand. These will probably be around the same price I figure.

Ok,
So that being said, how do they manage this?

Good woods, brand name electronics, North American assembly for <$1k.

How does Godin do this and others have to go MIK or MIC to keep competitive.
Either some corners are cut, or Fender/Gibson are riding on name.

Ok,
So that being said, how do they manage this?

Good woods, brand name electronics, North American assembly for <$1k.

How does Godin do this and others have to go MIK or MIC to keep competitive.
Either some corners are cut, or Fender/Gibson are riding on name.

Advertising, marketing, promotions and sponsorships ain't cheap. Half your new LP purchase goes to those efforts.

Plus, Henry is a dick.

Back