Wilco tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chad, May 16, 2012.

May 16, 2012
  1. Chad Fantastic Orpple

I am going to see Wilco tonight. Even though I have seen them and Jeff solo a few times, I still can't wait.
  2. May 16, 2012
  3. Kerouac weird musical dildo

I'm so jealous. :(
  4. May 16, 2012
  5. Have fun! I have to wait until late June for my turn.
  6. May 16, 2012
  7. Chad Fantastic Orpple

If I time my trip to VA to see my folks, I may get to see them again.
  8. May 16, 2012
  9. reverend1 n00b

Make sure to wear your hat.
  10. May 16, 2012
  11. FenderPusher Beardcore Apologist

This. I promised myself I'd check them out on this tour but I just purchased My Morning Jacket/Band of Horses tickets so it's unlikely I'll do both.
  12. May 16, 2012
  13. Chad Fantastic Orpple

I passed up Counting Crows for Wilco. I have seen both bands, but I don't think the Counting Crows have put out anything new since I saw them last.
  14. May 16, 2012
  15. Kerouac weird musical dildo

They're coming to Columbus in August. I want to go, but may not be able to swing it.
  16. May 16, 2012
  17. :aok:
  18. May 17, 2012
  19. Chad Fantastic Orpple

Great show last night. Probably the best I have ever seen from them. They actually played something off AM, a first for me. The venue lost power, not on the stage, but the PA and lights went down, but the band kept playing, just playing the music until the power came back on, and then they picked right off where the power dropped.
  20. May 17, 2012
  21. Nice! A friend at my other forum gave a very favorable review (and he is pretty picky). Nels blew him away, and the rest of the guys were in great form too. I hope they are staying strong and are not burned out when they hit boise in around a month.
  22. May 17, 2012
  23. Mark Wein :mad:

they released an album about a month ago called Underwater Sunshine. I'm not super excited about it though.
  24. May 17, 2012
  25. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Me neither. Production is great but the songs seem kinda uninspired.

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.
  26. May 17, 2012
  27. Chad Fantastic Orpple

Isn't that an all covers album? That isn't really something I am excited for either.
  28. May 17, 2012
  29. Chad Fantastic Orpple

Nels is freaking amazing. He was playing a goldtop LP for a few songs and Jeff announced it was Duane Allman's guitar.
  30. May 17, 2012
  31. I'd see the Crows. (Actually Counting and Black) But I would choose Wilco first if I had to choose.
  32. May 17, 2012
  33. He is. In recent months, I've really been enjoying his playing on Jenny Scheinman's Mischief & Mayhem.

Also, I'd have to see Wilco many times and get sick of them before options for CC.