Wicked Awesome

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Last year I was asked to participate in the Wicked Awesome Gathering Music Festival, a "good vibes" festival. They didn't do the best job of advertising it, but it was fun and I met Ron, the bass player from Box of Rain, a Grateful Dead tribute band there. They are doing it again this year, and I am invited back. They originally planned for July 12, but really didn't follow up. Happily, they have rescheduled for August 30-31; they are now aggressively promoting it and I think it will be, well, awesome.

In the meantime I am talking with the bass player, drummer, and lead guitarist of Box of Rain and hope to record a couple of new songs I am working on with them; hopefully we will also do them at the festival.

Far out! :hippie:

There are a couple of established hippie fests in the area; I have never been able to get booked there. It makes me feel good to be an elder statesman of our tribe. :hippie:

10537349_797780870261738_912932796147453064_n.jpg

This is shaping up to be a big event. I was lucky to get in last year; you could say I've been grandfathered in this year. :old: :hippie:

I might see if I can get the folks from Box of Rain to do a couple of songs with me.

10537349_797780870261738_912932796147453064_n.jpg

This is shaping up to be a big event. I was lucky to get in last year; you could say I've been grandfathered in this year. :old: :hippie:

I might see if I can get the folks from Box of Rain to do a couple of songs with me.

I WANNA GO!

(Box of Rain happens to be one of my favorite songs on American Beauty)

I WANNA GO!

(Box of Rain happens to be one of my favorite songs on American Beauty)
The last time I heard them, they were three people - guitar, bass and drums. They did a fantastic job at that. They are hoping to replace the folks that left before this event.

Spencer, Massachusetts, just west of Worcester. Last year was small, but the publicity really seems to be going out on this one, so I'm hoping it will do well. It is nice to know that my CDs will be for sale right in between the tie-dye shirts and the bongs. :hippie:

Spencer, Massachusetts, just west of Worcester. Last year was small, but the publicity really seems to be going out on this one, so I'm hoping it will do well. It is nice to know that my CDs will be for sale right in between the tie-dye shirts and the bongs. :hippie:

LOL...funny you should mention that, Mr Rock Star.....check your inbox.
:)

Back