Why Ren Ferguson left Gibson for Guild

GergS

Butt
This was a pretty good interview with Ren Ferguson. I always liked the work he did for Gibson Montana and it's a shame they didn't let him run with some of his ideas. It's nice to see Cordoba/Guild recognize his talents and can't wait to see what he comes up with.

This was a pretty good interview with Ren Ferguson. I always liked the work he did for Gibson Montana and it's a shame they didn't let him run with some of his ideas. It's nice to see Cordoba/Guild recognize his talents and can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Second video is private?

I'd love to see them bring back guitars like my DV52. In 1998 to get an all solid guitar that sounded like that was pretty unheard of for the price. It was definitely a "Martin killer" at that point in time. Since they moved Guild from RI and then all over the place its been all downhill. Hopefully this latest move will be back in the right direction.

Crap, it wasn't when I posted it but it is now. Wonder if Gibson made them take some stuff out of it. It wasn't bad stuff but it did give some insight into Gibson's current business practices.

The first one didn't exactly paint Henry in the best light either.

So my feeling on what I saw is that Ron is great at what he does, but needs to have advocates in place to ensure his team runs the way it's supposed to. He's not exactly a businessman, and that could impact Guild negatively down the road.

Yeah, he's definitely not a businessman. In the videos he kept saying that he liked to do the work and seemed annoyed when he went into the plant manager roll.

Back