Help! Why do I feel like a Schmuck...Hope Karma doesn't get me

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Here are the order of events:
  • I was offered a pickup gig last week for this coming Friday and I took it. This was at the same place we played 2 weeks prior
    • Contacted my friend who subbed in for bass on that gig letting him know that a possible upcoming gig would be happening - would you like to play? He replied yes.
    • Later on I find out that the guy who got the gig already got a bassist.
    • Sadly I had to let my friend know that they found someone else.
  • Later that evening my buddy from Sideways Down sends me a text asking me that one of the clubs got a cancellation and was wondering if I wanted to play on the same night with his band.
    • I politely declined as I already committed to another gig that evening.
  • Last night, I find out that the original gig was cancelled and they hired a DJ instead
  • Feeling gig less, I notify my buddy if the offer was still open and that I am available.
    • He was thrilled and said yes. Sadly he needs to let the other person he asked to play that I will be returning. As he pointed out, he prefers to have me play since I know the tunes.
    • I did mention that if you found someone else to play, I don't want to step on anybody's toes since they committed as well. He said no problem, he will understand.
Hence why I feel like a schmuck!

While you may feel like a schmuck (is that a Hawaiian term? :grin:), you have done nothing wrong. Circumstances are what they are, and you did everything with the best of intentions. Be good to yourself. :thu:

If you ever are in a situation where you feel morally wrong on something just ask yourself "What would Tuco Salamanca do?".

I wouldn't worry about Karma, Randy...that bitch is the one that mucked up the schedule in the first place...

If the other guy doesn't mind, I don't see a problem. Or am I not reading that post right?

Back