Question: Why compressor?

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
So... I should know this... Practical reasons for compression. I shan't be playing country. Am I missing out?

3.... 2... 1... Go.

Don't think I've used one for about 15 years. :embarrassed:

Off the bat I can think of about 2 songs I play where it would be nice having one.
I can't really justify buying one, nevermind making room for it on the pedalboard.

Very rare I play completely clean though, so YMMV and all that jazz..

Clean with single coils, sure. Even out your bass tone. Otherwise no. Especially not with distortion.
Pretty much this. I use my ALOT with my tele bridge pickup and the strat as well. Very rarely with humbuckers and usually only the 454 on the bridge pickup for chicken pickin'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

David Gilmour would strongly disagree with "never with distortion" statement.

A good comp set at the right levels makes leggato melodic leads WAY better. It adds sustain for days to notes you want to let ring. Yes, distortion adds some sustain too, but only at higher gain settings.

David Gilmour would strongly disagree with "never with distortion" statement.

A good comp set at the right levels makes leggato melodic leads WAY better. It adds sustain for days to notes you want to let ring. Yes, distortion adds some sustain too, but only at higher gain settings.
This. Comp is a monster and has many uses. All in the knobs baby.

Ordered a Dyna Comp and will mod to Ross. Where we go from there no one guh'knows.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
If you can mod it with a blend control you'll get more use from it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back