Whoopsie.....he didn't see this coming?

Have no idea but haven't died yet since moving up here.

I know we will have a well where I am moving, because I have to get it bleached because it was sitting......
Ahh so it's a public water supply for more than just your home. That is less concerning then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you have a UV sterilization system or at the very least Ozone or Iodine. As a water treatment professional I am not a fan of surface water systems of any kind.

You'd lose your cookies here. Oklahoma City water supply. Lake Hefner. (One of the best small sailing lakes in the country.)

Lake-Hefner200.jpg

Last edited:
He is lucky he hasn't ended up in trouble already. When I lived in NH, a friend of a friend had a truck fall through the ice into winnipesaukee and that dude had to pay some huge fines until the ice melted enough for a barge to remove his vehicle.

Better to not wait for the ice to let and just get it out of there..

Better to not wait for the ice to let and just get it out of there..

Pretty cool stuff. The guy I sort of know lost his truck in a part of the lake called the broads, where the water is 200 feet deep, so he had to wait for a deep diver and a barge.

Pull the mower out, change the oil and filter, remove the plugs, pull the air filter, and turn the motor over with the starter several times to blow any water out. Put the plugs back in, take and air hose and blow the moisture off of everything and then start it up. Run it a few minutes, then change the oil and filter again.

I believe NH law makes it yours to keep if you have a fishing license and you manage to hook it. The state motto was almost "Live Free and Mow Free"

Pull the mower out, change the oil and filter, remove the plugs, pull the air filter, and turn the motor over with the starter several times to blow any water out. Put the plugs back in, take and air hose and blow the moisture off of everything and then start it up. Run it a few minutes, then change the oil and filter again.

I was thinking almost the same thing.

Drain everything. Remove everything.
Hand crank the motor a few times.

Pickle the engine with deisel and turn over a few times to lube up the cylinders.

Drain again.

Replace fuel, plugs, oil, filters, etc....turn over until it runs........it will smoke bad.

Drain everything and replace.

I'd be willing to bet our water supply is cleaner than 90%+ of the rest of the US's.
That would be hard to quantify. I could take wretched water and take 99.8% of everything out of it. Too many variable to tell.

I was under the impression that you yourself were pulling water from the lake and treating it for use. Generally speaking private surface water systems don't get the service required to continue to run effectively. A public water supply on the other hand is constantly tested and monitored and I wouldn't be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back