Whoopsie.....he didn't see this coming?

Coralkong

Alien
tractor1.jpg

What a fucking moron. Shame, too, because that is a nice tractor. Couple of grand there. Notice the snowplow/snowblower attachment on the front. Do I get salvage rights if I pull it out? That water is COLD, very, VERY COLD.

Ice, it's like, very solid, until it isn't anymore...you know, somewhere around that 32 F mark.

This is 3 doors down from me. My biggest concern is that our drinking water comes from the lake.
He needs to get this out soon....before someone calls the EPA on him, and then he's gonna be in deep shit.

He is lucky he hasn't ended up in trouble already. When I lived in NH, a friend of a friend had a truck fall through the ice into winnipesaukee and that dude had to pay some huge fines until the ice melted enough for a barge to remove his vehicle.

I am not sure what happened, haven't seen the guy up in his house for a couple of months.

He would drive this thing out onto the lake and tool around with it. Not sure for what, not sure why he would do that. Snowmobiles, sure....lawn tractors, not so much......

I noticed it got stuck or something about 2 months ago....about the last time I saw someone up at that house.

Well......I could see the tractor was stuck, but had no idea how deep the water was, looked pretty shallow from my vantage point. Looked like the back wheels broke the ice. Remember now...the snow was 2 to 3 feet deep until about a week ago.

We've had a few warm days, which melted the ice, which raised the water level.......and there is the tractor. Ruined.

He is lucky he hasn't ended up in trouble already. When I lived in NH, a friend of a friend had a truck fall through the ice into winnipesaukee and that dude had to pay some huge fines until the ice melted enough for a barge to remove his vehicle.

Yeah, man...you can drink all you want, shoot any kind of gun (including fully auto weapons) you want, pretty much do whatever you want....except for that.

You had better NOT get caught fucking up the waterways. You will get HAMMERED, and jailtime is not unheard of.

I posted on my next door neighbor's Facebook asking him to get up with the guy to tell him to come get it out.

I would tow it out,,,,but my Explorer is down...and there is a huge sinkhole on a hill that I would need to get to the tractor in the water....and I can't really do that in my Jaguar, you know?

I can only hope he rented his place out to someone in the winter who did this.....as at least I would believe he didn't see this one coming or something.....

I am not sure what happened, haven't seen the guy up in his house for a couple of months.

He would drive this thing out onto the lake and tool around with it. Not sure for what, not sure why he would do that. Snowmobiles, sure....lawn tractors, not so much......

I noticed it got stuck or something about 2 months ago....about the last time I saw someone up at that house.

Well......I could see the tractor was stuck, but had no idea how deep the water was, looked pretty shallow from my vantage point. Looked like the back wheels broke the ice. Remember now...the snow was 2 to 3 feet deep until about a week ago.

We've had a few warm days, which melted the ice, which raised the water level.......and there is the tractor. Ruined.

At least booze woulda given him an excuse. This is just stupidity. You can't fix stupid.

At least booze woulda given him an excuse. This is just stupidity. You can't fix stupid.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what happened.....well, I mean I SEE what happened, but not sure why it was left to end up like this. I don't know the people......all I can think of is that if they are out of stater's who rent it out in the winter, that guy is gonna be PISSED.

It is kind of funny, but in a "What were you thinking?" kind of way......Oh...and if anyone wondered why I didn't back up and pull it out....this is between my next door neighbor's house and the tractor people.....

sinkhole1.jpg
sinkhole1.jpg
sinkhole2.jpg
sinkhole1.jpg
sinkhole2.jpg
sinkhole3.jpg
sinkhole4.jpg
sinkhole5.jpg

My poor neighbor (Good Dude....Candystripe girl comes and hangs out there).
He had a stream coming through last fall......now it looks like the Saco river was diverted and flowed through his yard.
You can see his topsoil and sod just collapsing.....quite a sinkhole.

Those stumps were all level last fall.

Half the guy's lawn is in the lake.....he is really fucked. That yellow thing (looks like a nozzle) is actually part of his underground sprinkler system that everything collapsed around......

He is fucked.

In the one pic you can see all the sand and dirt out in the lake....that's his yard.

I know you guys heard me bitching about the winter up here (probably since late October)....this one really was one for the books.

This isn't my yard, mind you....and I am moving to a mountain top in late June ( a few months).......but I do have some friends here, and I feel for them.

Most everyone here on the lake is "seasonal", meaning "summer people". Some rent their houses out to make up for income.....I suspect that is what happened in the instance of the tractor.

Some are really cool, some are total fucking assholes. The guy with the tractor I don't know.

The guy with the sinkhole is my next door neighbor and he is cool as shit. He has a newborn, and stayed down in Mass all winter. Things were fucking ROUGH up here.......actually, the sinkhole started on HIS next door neighbor's property, and they are old snowbirds who obviously don't give a shit.

THEIR water drainage problem has eaten HIS yard away........

I am just as glad to be moving in June, even though I don't really have ANY of these issues here at my current residence.

And it is tough to flood on top of a mountain, just saying.....

It goes through a filtering system...but yeah.....lake is usually as clean as can be.

I hope you have a UV sterilization system or at the very least Ozone or Iodine. As a water treatment professional I am not a fan of surface water systems of any kind.

I hope you have a UV sterilization system or at the very least Ozone or Iodine. As a water treatment professional I am not a fan of surface water systems of any kind.

Have no idea but haven't died yet since moving up here.

I know we will have a well where I am moving, because I have to get it bleached because it was sitting......

Back