Question: Who was more influential to you?

Who was more influential to you?

• Prince

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Bowie

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
I have great respect for both of them; neither was particularly influential to me. I gues I'm of an earlier generation.

Reactions: Tig
Bowie.

My exposure to Prince was paltry in comparison to Bowie.
That's not a comparison of the two. It's just the reality of my experiences.

While I was very aware of Prince's guitar playing ability it didn't influence mine. While Bowie had a number of great guitarist play for him the music they played for him had no influence on me. Both influenced me on how they thought of the differences of people and the fact that we should all get along.

I didn't care for most of Prince's stuff. I respect the guy and his talent.
I like a lot of Bowie's ,but still no influence.

Bowie. I came of age with the music of the 1960's and early 70's. The killer guitar on the studio version of "Rebel Rebel" is all David Bowie.

Tough call. In high school, I was in a band that played a ton of Prince tunes. I probably only know how to play 2 or 3 Bowie tunes, but I listened to both of them a lot.

Not particularly influenced by either, but I prefer Bowies music overall.
Just never got into Prince. He became popular after I was already out of college and into my own musical universe which is about as far from Princes music as you can get. Chicks seemed to like him, his stuff was danceable and accessible but not my cuppa. Do respect his musical abilities, esp as a guitar player. Live he was most likely awesome but I never bought a ticket. I always thought him a little strange and full of himself. I didn't like his squeaky little voice. Jehovahs Witness? Good grief, I bet he never knocked on any doors. Probably had a spokesman for that too.
Then when he broke that dudes Epiphone I thought it was a really douche move.

I always thought him a little strange and full of himself.
An artist who's weird and full of himself?
u63J0Zt.jpg

Listen to and played more of Bowie's songs (which is not much), but wasn't much influenced by either.

Back