Who thought this was a good idea.......

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I am all for new flavors and trying new stuff.

But seriously.....cappuccino flavored potato chips. Someone left a bag out on the 'Free Food' table at work so I had to try one. Probably the most disgusting thing I have tasted in a long time.

:tongue:puke:

And this is a huge national brand as well (Lays). You would think they had a better R&D department there.

I think that's the outcome of their semi-regular "consumers compete to create a new flavor" thing. Probably not a long-running flavor.

I think that's the outcome of their semi-regular "consumers compete to create a new flavor" thing. Probably not a long-running flavor.
Exactly, dudes name is on the package. Kick his ass if you know him please.

IDK, they weren't that bad if you were prepared for a sweet flavored chip. The other test flavors we tried were pretty 'meh' overall. Didn't get the mac and cheese. Canucks got the bacon poutien. Bastards.

IDK, they weren't that bad if you were prepared for a sweet flavored chip. The other test flavors we tried were pretty 'meh' overall. Didn't get the mac and cheese. Canucks got the bacon poutien. Bastards.

Te jalapeño mac n cheese flavour is pretty good.
It's a cheesy chip with a bit of heat. Can't really go wrong there as long as you get the cheese flavour right and this one is not bad.

I've got a bag of the bacon poutine as well. I'm waiting for the right moment to try those.

We have a bag of the cinnamon bun flavour, too. Not sure about those but I'll try it.

The fourth flavour competing up here is tzaziki something or other.

Not even snack worthy. Maybe there's a contest to come up with a flavor that beats their ages-old slogan "Betcha can't eat just one."

We didn't have that flavor, but my wife bought a bag of the Wasabi Ginger flavored ones.

Kick that guy's ass, too.

Fucking nasty.

What a waste of a bag of chips.

I asked my wife, "Did you get a bag of fucking potato chip flavored chips? No?.....WTF? Go back to the store and get me some fucking chips, eh?"

I didn't get laid that night.

I unexpectedly liked the mint chocolate pringles though last year. I wouldn't buy them again except for a gag gift, but we did finish the pack.

Te jalapeño mac n cheese flavour is pretty good.
It's a cheesy chip with a bit of heat. Can't really go wrong there as long as you get the cheese flavour right and this one is not bad.

I've got a bag of the bacon poutine as well. I'm waiting for the right moment to try those.

We have a bag of the cinnamon bun flavour, too. Not sure about those but I'll try it.

The fourth flavour competing up here is tzaziki something or other.

My wife was back home last week and couldn't find any of the test flavors in sobeys

My wife was back home last week and couldn't find any of the test flavors in sobeys
Really? That's odd. They are everywhere now.

I've tasted the Bacon Poutine.
I like them. They are not spectacular, but they are WAY better than the usual Smokey Bacon flavour that smells like ketone-loaded urine.... I mean, are not that good.
The bacon flavour isn't overwhelming. I'd say there's more gravy flavour than anything, but it's not overwhelming either.

Between the Jalapeno Mac and Cheese and these, I'd choose these.
(I think I need to try both together, though.....)

Really? That's odd. They are everywhere now.

I've tasted the Bacon Poutine.
I like them. They are not spectacular, but they are WAY better than the usual Smokey Bacon flavour that smells like ketone-loaded urine.... I mean, are not that good.
The bacon flavour isn't overwhelming. I'd say there's more gravy flavour than anything, but it's not overwhelming either.

Between the Jalapeno Mac and Cheese and these, I'd choose these.
(I think I need to try both together, though.....)

She checked the Sobeys in Truro and the Foodland is Tatamagouche, neither had any of the chippers. When they get them, I'm sure they'll be in our next box of goodies from the north; flakies, half moons, hickory sticks, etc.

I saw cappuccino Lays yesterday...had the same reaction (but did not taste). The wife said they must have passed some kind of taste testing panel first....

I'm guessing it was in Denver on April 20th :hippie:

Now Poutine flavoured chips those would be interesting...and kind of make a lot of sense. But we'd never get them down here

I thought the wasabi/ginger were good, and fucking addicting. The whole family liked them, and when we went back to the store, that was the only flavor that was sold out. The cappuccino ones were pretty gross though

Wasabi/ginger is the only one I have any interest in trying.

I love plain chips though. I've never gone for even the "normal" flavors.

Back