Who [regularly] plays the heaviest guitar here?

I haven't the slightest idea of what either of my guitars weigh. It doesn't really matter now, I'm not doing 3 hour gigs anymore.

Exactly the reason my SG probably got more gig time than any other guitar.

DSC_0053.jpg

I have never weighed my guitars so I do not know. What I can say is that my freakin' bass is heavy as I had to play it for one gig last night.

Funnily enough, my Steinberger is my heaviest guitar by far. Don't know what the body is made of, but it weighs a ton. I am actually in the process of refinishing it, removing the thick solid finish. This has removed some of the weight, but it's still a fucking brick

The Purple Plastic Plank weighs in at about 10 pounds if I remember correctly. Certainly the heaviest guitar I've got.

Purple2.jpg

Funnily enough, my Steinberger is my heaviest guitar by far. Don't know what the body is made of, but it weighs a ton. I am actually in the process of refinishing it, removing the thick solid finish. This has removed some of the weight, but it's still a fucking brick

The M and P series USA wood body models and the import spirit models were made from hard maple. Some M series and GS series late models came in exotic woods, but these were pretty rare.

The M and P series USA wood body models and the import spirit models were made from hard maple. Some M series and GS series late models came in exotic woods, but these were pretty rare.

well, there you go. :thu:

As for heavy guitar, how heavy does this sound?

Just a 6-string Steinberger

Back