Who knew I was seeing Trombone Shorty?

I didn't when the day started. But he and his band rip!!

3a47db4fd8b312392ceed447092c6e76.jpg

Last edited:
He and the band put on an energetic show. :cool:
I remember when he was just a git.
198017714836002291ccgOsxfRc.jpg

trombone-shorty-young-boy.jpg

55c12de139a5e.image.jpg

http://www.mtexpress.com/arts_and_e...cle_ecadb496-3aee-11e5-82d3-b7d97f474fcf.html by Julie Bramowitz

"A light drizzle on Monday night couldn’t keep the throngs of fans from showing their support on the dance floor for New Orleans funk sextet Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue. Hundreds of revelers gravitated towards the stage at the River Run Lodge in Ketchum as Shorty (né Troy Andrews), a 29-year-old horn virtuoso who started playing music when he was just 4, led his band in a raucous medley of original songs, beloved classics and freewheeling jamming.

The artists, performing as part of the Sun Valley Center for the Arts’ Summer Concert Series, seemed in equally high spirits as the crowd below kept their hands high in the air nearly the whole 90-minute show.

“We dig Idaho,” Shorty told the Idaho Mountain Express a week before rolling into town. “It seems like every year we are here. We feed off the crowd and the energy. Some people go crazy from the first note that we play.”

Indeed, even the more reserved attendees set up in lawn chairs on the grass let loose when Shorty, donning a pair of black Wayfarers, shimmied into his best James Brown impersonation, suggestively thumping his right leg to “Sex Machine.”

One member of the band, BK Jackson, was celebrating his birthday. The tenor saxophonist, in a rakish banana-yellow hat, used all his might to climb the scales higher and higher with a single breath, earning an emphatic “Wow!” from a nonagenarian in a U.S. Navy cap and orthopedics.

Staying true to their roots, the band—which transitioned seamlessly between jazz, blues and stadium rock—ended the evening with an encore performance of “When the Saints Go Marching In.”

“In everything I do, New Orleans is in my blood, in my notes and in my heart,” said Shorty. “That’s the only way we know how to play.”"

Reactions: Tig
Back