Who here has a pick-up truck?

I had an old S-10 for a year or so. I sold it when I realized I had nothing to pick up.
The bed was a waste of space. The light ass end made t drive like shit too.

I remember seeing that thread where you buffed that MoFo out.
Looks great.

I know a lot of purists "Poo-Poo" Toyota's, but when it comes down to "This thing might not make it.....I think it's dying.", my money is on the Toyota.

I really like the new F150's, but damn.....HOW much?

As a utilitarian truck, I don't see how you can go wrong in a Toyota. I had my choice when I bought my Tundra of a Tacoma or the one I chose, and one drove like a car (Tacoma), one drove like a truck (Tundra). It all depends on what you want it to do.

There are some bad-ass vehicles in this thread, that's for sure.

I truly believe that Top Gear video(s), even though it's an earlier generation, really ramped up the Tacoma's resale values.

Since my job got rid of our temporary company vehicles, I was forced to drive our 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe with nearly 200,000 miles on it. Knowing that it was not going to last for too many 50-300 mile trips, I knew that we would have to knuckle down and get something fairly rugged. After a lot of hemming and hawing over what to get, then checking real prices :eek:, I got pretty much what I wanted:

20160314_072851.jpg

Well, I ALMOST got the quad cab with the Hemi, but financially...so, they had 4 base 2016s left - 3 white and one blue. 3.6L V6.

The ONLY option this puppy has is the SiriusXM radio - doesn't even have power locks :embarrassed:.
And I don't care. I wanted a no-frills, basic, comfy (best regular cab out of all of 'em IMO - fits my 6'3" frame nicely with room to spare) pickup that will last for years, even well beyond the finance period :facepalm: .

I have an 87 S-10 that is pretty beat. Doesn't keep me from driving it like a BMW on the twisties though. Still, it is best suited for dump runs.

Drove a rental '16 Dodge 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi last month to Nevada and back. That was sweet but I'm sure it was north of 40K. Not in the cards right now.

Never owned one.

I'm not a farmer nor a construction worker, so why would I need one? :embarrassed:

Back