Who here has a pick-up truck?

Coralkong

Alien
I know we have several truck-driving guys on here.

I'll start with mine:

2014 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Double-Cab.
Smaller 4.6 V-8 engine, 320 HP. Shit ton of torque.
General Grabber AT tires (ones that came on it sucked so bad.....)

Pros:
Brand New......Toyota makes a simple, but extremely effective truck. Snow/shit/sand/mud..........fucking truck is a tank. Dropped that bitch into 4WD, and I towed my neighbor's snow-plow truck out of a snowbank last year.

Extremely comfortable seats, even though they're not leather, etc.....
Tons of room in the cabin. Nice bed size (fits 8's sheets of plywood).

Cons:
Motherfucker only gets 16.x miles to the gallon. WTF?
Did get over 20 once when it was new and I drove it down to DE and back. Still, WTF?

Rides like a truck. It ain't smooth at all.

Sparse ammenities. Yeah, it has a back up camera, yeah, the sound system rocks, but it is pretty bare-bones on the inside.

I had a rotten day today, so I went out and put this sticker on it. And it made me happy.

So yeah, this is my 2014 Toyota Tundra, now with 42K on it, good tires and a new sticker on the back window. :)

I love this truck and have no idea how I could ever survive without another one. It is THAT good for what I need it to do. Which is drive over shit in the winter. Or through shit, or what have you. I love this truck.
truck1.jpg
truck2.jpg
truck3.jpg

I have 2, well one's the wife's.

She has a 1998 Tacoma Prerunner, 4 cyl automatic. Paid $7800 cash for it 5 years ago, and it's probably the best vehicle purchase I've ever made, and that's sayin' something, because I've owned over 40 cars/trucks in my life.
14BB3333-A880-448D-A628-A4742B84F7DD_zpsdsabgwvf.jpg

Then there's my S10 Xtreme, which I'm going to miss, since I'm listing it on CL this week. I bought it with 164K and put another 70K on it since 2013. We don't need two trucks, and I'm slimming down the stable (sold my Mustang last month.)
EEE3F3C0-E42A-4AE5-AE3E-DA5EB7C12910_zpsnfymuclh.jpg

I know I've posted pics of both before, but what the hell. :grin:

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Offroad.

3.0L V6 churning out a whopping 160 horsepower through a 5 speed manual transmission.

Still only gets about 19 mpg highway.

It has 210,000 miles on it. I did put a crate motor in it a few years ago. That motor now has about 50,000 miles on it.

I love the thing, but rust is starting to take its toll now, so I imagine I'll probably look to get rid of it in the next year or two.

RangerPassengerFront.jpg

My horse and carriage.

Truck 2013, 4x4, 26,000 miles on it, pretty much has everything but heated seats and a sun roof. V8 that reduces to a V4 on the highway or in town. If I act right I can get 21 MPH. Having fun mode 18 MPH. When you floor it it's insane; throws you back in the seat and the air being sucked into the engine makes a loud whoosh. Turn off the traction control and it smokes the hell out of the tires. It's most likely the nicest vehicle I'll ever own.

Last edited:
2014 RAM 1500
5.7L HEMI
Blue.

image.jpeg

I've added a bed liner, a bed cover, a bug deflector, Weathertech mats and Weathertech side window deflectors.

I have 2, well one's the wife's.

She has a 1998 Tacoma Prerunner, 4 cyl automatic. Paid $7800 cash for it 5 years ago, and it's probably the best vehicle purchase I've ever made, and that's sayin' something, because I've owned over 40 cars/trucks in my life.
14BB3333-A880-448D-A628-A4742B84F7DD_zpsdsabgwvf.jpg

Then there's my S10 Xtreme, which I'm going to miss, since I'm listing it on CL this week. I bought it with 164K and put another 70K on it since 2013. We don't need two trucks, and I'm slimming down the stable (sold my Mustang last month.)
EEE3F3C0-E42A-4AE5-AE3E-DA5EB7C12910_zpsnfymuclh.jpg

I know I've posted pics of both before, but what the hell. :grin:

I remember seeing that thread where you buffed that MoFo out.
Looks great.

I know a lot of purists "Poo-Poo" Toyota's, but when it comes down to "This thing might not make it.....I think it's dying.", my money is on the Toyota.

I really like the new F150's, but damn.....HOW much?

As a utilitarian truck, I don't see how you can go wrong in a Toyota. I had my choice when I bought my Tundra of a Tacoma or the one I chose, and one drove like a car (Tacoma), one drove like a truck (Tundra). It all depends on what you want it to do.

There are some bad-ass vehicles in this thread, that's for sure.

I purchased Toyota Tacomas for myself and four of my field folks. They've been one of the best investments we've made. I'm in the office for the most part,so I only have about 50,000 miles on mine, but some are on the road every day and have as many as 150,000 miles on them in three years. All we've done is replace tires, two batteries and a number of windshields on the group and they're still running perfectly. I don't think we'd ever buy anything but Toyotas again.
2013-Toyota-Tacoma-Double-Cab.png

Bought new, 2011 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Acess Cab, 5 speed. Lowest mpg so far, 24.5. Highest mpg: 28.9. Under 48K on it now.

Last edited:
Bought bee, 2011 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Acess Cab, 5 speed. Lowest mpg so far, 24.5. Highest mpg: 28.9. Under 15K on it now.

That's pretty much what I'm going to get for my next truck except once you add the 4x4 drive train, kiss that 20+ MPG good bye.

Current: '03 Dodge Dakota w/ 165,000 miles

I don't have one right now, but when I replace the Scion I'll probably get one. Ashlee has us covered on the small car needs and I can haul quite a bit in the Scion, but for anything really big or messy we either need to borrow her dad's or my grandfather's pickup. No idea what I'll end up with, but her dad has a really nice new Ford and his old one that we've borrowed is an older (smaller) Toyota. I don't need a huge one, so I guess it'll be whatever we can afford and does the job.

It kind of chaps my ass that most new trucks on the market are more like luxury vehicles that happen to have a truck bed attached and cost upwards of $40k.

If I want a truck, I want it to ride rough because of the heavy duty suspension. I don't need heated leather power reclining seats or faux wood grain interior trim. I don't even think you can buy most full sized trucks with a manual transmission anymore.

I do like some creature comforts. I like my air conditioning, power steering and brakes, and I have to admit, having Bluetooth on the stereo is great for hands free phone operation.

While my truck does have power windows and locks, I can take or leave them.

I just think it's a shame that it's almost impossible to buy a truck that is basically a bare bones work horse.

It kind of chaps my ass that most new trucks on the market are more like luxury vehicles that happen to have a truck bed attached and cost upwards of $40k.

If I want a truck, I want it to ride rough because of the heavy duty suspension. I don't need heated leather power reclining seats or faux wood grain interior trim. I don't even think you can buy most full sized trucks with a manual transmission anymore.

I do like some creature comforts. I like my air conditioning, power steering and brakes, and I have to admit, having Bluetooth on the stereo is great for hands free phone operation.

While my truck does have power windows and locks, I can take or leave them.

I just think it's a shame that it's almost impossible to buy a truck that is basically a bare bones work horse.

They make 'em that way because overwhelmingly, people seem to want to buy them that way. I don't get it either but half my co-workers drive those luxo-trucks for daily commuting transportation.

They make 'em that way because overwhelmingly, people seem to want to buy them that way. I don't get it either but half my co-workers drive those luxo-trucks for daily commuting transportation.
Yep. And hell, if we could afford it, I'd be in the market for a Tundra.

Ours is just a farm truck though. Carries hay, hauls horses.

*spits*

Yep. And hell, if we could afford it, I'd be in the market for a Tundra.

Ours is just a farm truck though. Carries hay, hauls horses.

*spits*

Actually, when I started looking for a truck, I was looking for a F150.
They wanted well over $45K for one, and that one wasn't even FULLY loaded (though it was pretty decked out).

I went across the street to the Toyota dealer, and mine (while not nearly as swanky) was under $30K.

Back