Who gigs an acoustic and electric? (rig question)

Chicken Man

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I currently play an acoustic, through a couple of pedals, into a PADI, into the PA. I'd like to add an electric guitar to switch off on for a couple of reasons I won't go into here. What's the standard arrangement for a rig like this? I don't want a second pedal board, but I don't want to run my electric direct into the PA. Do I run two separate "channels" on my pedal board, doubling up on any pedals I want for both guitars (tuner and boost, off the top of my head)? Is there some A/B pedal voodoo I set up?

I'm willing to put a little money into it, but I don't think I'm willing to get an acoustic amp. That might simplify things, but I don't have the space at home, or in my car. I'm planning on running the electric into an amp with a line out direct into the PA, but could also mic an amp (we're generally playing places where an amp loud enough to fill a room wouldn't be welcome on stage).

I just run my acoustic into a DI box and into a separate channel in the board. My electric channel isnt in the monitors but the acoustic channel is

I did this for some years. I had a normal electric rig with pedal board and just added a tuner and DI box for the separate acoustic signal line.

I use my regular electric rig but I run a Para DI into the PA with a volume pedal. Since I'm playing both the ceremony and the reception I'm trying a powered PA cab for the ceremony on Sunday.

I DI the acoustic. No pedals....but my stage acoustic has a built in tuner so I don't need any. The my electric is the usual pedal board - amp - mic - PA.

I use a Laney LA35C acoustic amp as a monitor for me. The 1/4 inch line out goes to a Countyman DI and to the house. Electric goes to whatever amp for the room and an SM57 to the house.

I've tried the electric/amp sim and acoustic into the PA before. It seemed real clever and convenient but I kept adding crap to make the electric sound better.

It got to the point I realized it would be easier just to mic an amp and run the acoustic direct. So I just did that.

Is it typical to put both paths on the same pedal board? I'm thinking I'll put tuner-->compressor-->boost-->PADI on the top row of my pedal board, and tuner-->trem-->delay-->boost/dirt-->amp on the lower row, and just keep both plugged in at all times, and muted by the tuner when not needed (disregarding the order of pedals, which I'll work out as I get there).

Is it typical to put both paths on the same pedal board? I'm thinking I'll put tuner-->compressor-->boost-->PADI on the top row of my pedal board, and tuner-->trem-->delay-->boost/dirt-->amp on the lower row, and just keep both plugged in at all times, and muted by the tuner when not needed (disregarding the order of pedals, which I'll work out as I get there).
If you use both rigs all the time I don't see why not.

Acoustically I run a DI Box (Fishman Aura) into the board. Otherwise I use an Acoustic Simulator. Electric gear remains in tact.

Acoustic-Baggs M1 Active straight to board.
Electric-standard rig for the size room.
If I used pedals on the acoustic I'd prob just use a separate pedal board for it.

Back