Who else is crazy about chorizo?

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
mmmm, can't...stop...eating

chorizo-HERO-f2ba5473-78aa-4155-aa52-ba81a169e184-0-472x310.jpg

I like it as an ingredient in dishes. Especially chopped up and rendered down a bit.

I'm not a fan of chunky bits in sausages.

It is popular around here due to Basque culture related to workers in the lamb grazing industry. I eat a little bit , maybe once a year, around the campfire. Normally around this time of year. Tasty!

It is the important part of paella. It pumps gobs of flavor into the whole dish. :thu:

Saffron is the pretty-boy attention whore that gets all the credit.

In California I could buy Chorizo in sausage form. In Arizona I can only find it in packages in ground form.

oh, and one of my pet peeves is people pronouncing it as 'cho-ree-tso', when it should be 'cho-ree-tho' cop0

oh, and one of my pet peeves is people pronouncing it as 'cho-ree-tso', when it should be 'cho-ree-tho' cop0

I guess it's a good time for the pedantic post where someone points out that Mexican and Spanish chorizo are two very different things, both in pronounciation and the sausage itself. :rainfro:

I like the Spanish kind better (as pictured in the OP) and that of course is what I use in paella. Sometimes I also like the Mexican kind though for breakfast tacos or some sinfully greasy and delicious queso dip.

I've never had the Spanish one. But the Mexican one makes me tingly inside. Hmmm... I might need to get that checked at the doctor now that I think about it.

Back