Achtung! Who else here has a watch fetish?

NWD. I like big cases and I can not lie

3f5a3baa57f9e5681886c965d1af3299.jpg

Thanks guys. It's a 46mm maratac pilot,gift from my lovely wife. I'll probably change out the strap but I'm really digging it

Naah, I just can't do that on principle. The whole point of the self winder is so I don't need a battery, and then I have to plug in the winder every night? Seems really ironic.
Not really. The caveat is the automatic watches need to be worn. If it's a safe queen then you might want a winder to keep it moving and happy every now and again..

Not really. The caveat is the automatic watches need to be worn. If it's a safe queen then you might want a winder to keep it moving and happy every now and again..

I understand, but I'm fine, thanks. I totally have no issue whatsoever with anyone who wants to use a winder. I just don't want one. I can set the time on mine in seconds before I put it on and give it a couple of shakes and it's enough to get it ticking. Actually if I remember to give it a few shakes before I take it off, that'll usually keep it ticking till I put it on again the next morning. The really issue here is my sedentary job. I should really look into changing that.

I just got a Bulova Accutron II Alpha. I guy I work with got the silver version with black band, and I loved it and had to have one. I like the gold with brown band better. Very cool-looking, and I love the sweep second hand. I'm going to get a new strap though; I hate the latch thingy they have instead of a normal buckle.

Bulova%20accutron%202%201024_zps4vpsuzmo.jpg

Bulova%20accutron%203%201024_zpsxlgapwol.jpg

I just got a Bulova Accutron II Alpha. I guy I work with got the silver version with black band, and I loved it and had to have one. I like the gold with brown band better. Very cool-looking, and I love the sweep second hand. I'm going to get a new strap though; I hate the latch thingy they have instead of a normal buckle.

Bulova%20accutron%202%201024_zps4vpsuzmo.jpg

Bulova%20accutron%203%201024_zpsxlgapwol.jpg

A "hummer!" Nice piece. :)

I had my dad's old Hamilton restored a bit - unfortunately the mini hand at the bottom vanished years ago since the crystal got destroyed but after a new crystal and some cleaning up it's fully functional otherwise:

hamilton.jpg

I have other watches such as his old Timex and some watches of my own I like but honestly the Hamilton is the one that has the sentimental attachment.

I also have an Apple watch that I'm liking a lot.

I already have a Citizen Eco Drive, and I love it. It's just too nice to wear on our weekend adventures.

At $100 I don't care if the new one gets scratched up.

I had my dad's old Hamilton restored a bit - unfortunately the mini hand at the bottom vanished years ago since the crystal got destroyed but after a new crystal and some cleaning up it's fully functional otherwise:

hamilton.jpg

I have other watches such as his old Timex and some watches of my own I like but honestly the Hamilton is the one that has the sentimental attachment.

I also have an Apple watch that I'm liking a lot.
Nice! I love old and old-looking watches. I recently got a Seiko Alpinist, a reissue of a watch Seiko made in the sixties.
Seiko%20alpinist_zpsztcsb8b7.jpg

I got the watch today.

I'll have to take it to a jeweler to get the band sized. I tried, but I just don't have the tools or patience for it.

Back