Question: Who else has pedals sitting in the boxes?

bsman

b00b
I'm guilty of buying the shiny new thing, and then finding out I really have no use for it. I have (mostly bought off SDOTD) a Digitech hardware tuner, a Modtone "Dyno" overdrive and "Special Edition" dealt pedal, all sitting in the boxes I got them in -- never used. Am I alone in this insane lifestyle choice? Now, all in -- that's only about $100, but it still makes me mad (at myself) when I look at them! Oh well, I have an acoustic think coming up at the work staff BBQ, so maybe I'll use the tuner. It'll also give me the chance to use the Fender wireless setup I got from Sweetwater when they were blowing 'em out at $99.95. I think it's a sickness..

I have 3 pedals sitting on top of their boxes. They're all Beringer pedals, but still......

Last edited:
These days, the only pedal that I ever seem to use is the Tech 21 RK5 -- it's tiny, flexible, and just sounds better than most of my other stuff..

I have one pedal still sealed in the shipping box. I'm not even sure it's what I ordered. I expect it is because I trust the vendor, but it's really a Schrodinger situation at the moment.

I do have a few that are pretty much brand new and just sitting in the box. I like them. I just don't need them all of the time.

I have at different times but I just sold the only pedal not on my boards, so I have nothing on the shelf. That will change in a big way next summer after we buy our house.

I have a backup for my MXR Classic Overdrives that I only paid $20 for NIB. I have a Duncan 805 OD that I just haven't had a chance to try out.

Other than that, the only pedal I can think of off the top of my head that's sitting in its box is my GFS delay which got replaced with a TC Flashback X4. It's not that it was bad. It just didn't offer the versatility that I needed for my band.

I try and use them for something at least once. Even the TRex Dual Drive I had and returned I recorded an overdrive part to a cover with it , although I could have just as well gotten that tone somewhere else.

I put out all my pedals the other day except a few I don't need. Reverb and Trem-the Carr has great onboard. A Cry Baby, I prefer my new Maleko env filter, an old Dan Echo, prefer the newer Modtone Mini Delay, and a POS Berringer graphic eq. I counted 10 pedals on the board, including the looper. I might add the Dan Echo back in just for kicks.

I have an Catalinbread Belle Epoch Bamboo and Lumpy's Tone Shop ZII sitting here for months at least, never been used....I pick and and play the guitar...even plug it in, but haven't taken any time to rewire the pedalbaord and power the "new" pedals.

Back