White wine

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I know Red is suppossed to be more manly but damnit I prefer white wine. I recently got a Gewustraminer (guh worse tra minor) by a Washington vineyard called B. Lovely which makes it even moar girly and on top of that the label has a floral design and it's in a baby blueish label but it had good reviews at Total Wine and m ore and it was under 12.99....it's a winner. i'm not sure if it's the vineyard or the Style but Damn....I could become a wino drinking this stuff. BTW what is up with wines and screw tops now :confused: Back in the day the screw top was reserved for the likes of Thunderbird and Maddog but it seems many are now using the screw top.

https://www.vivino.com/wineries/b-lovely/wines/washington-state-gewurztraminer-2013

Any other love for the white ?

btw this AZ vineyard makes really good wine http://pagespringscellars.com/current-release/

Reactions: Tig
I like a good gewurtz, and one of my favorite Sonoma wineries (Battaglini) makes -- in addition to a smashing zinfandel -- some amazing chardonneys. We just drank the last bottle of their 2006 I got around 2010, and it held up beautifully til the end. I will also never turn up my nose at a nice pinot grigiot.

I like some white white wines.
I love Gewurztraminer. It's got some extra spiciness to it.

I don't think it's necessarily girly to drink white wine.

Regarding the screw top, the smart winemakers realise that it does a much better job than a cork to seal the bottle.
Also, it doesn't dry out and fail over time.

My brother's last job before retiring was as a winemaker. So, I learned a little bit about wine while helping him out.

We used to have bottling parties at the vineyard. He and the head winemaker would have everything ready and the rest of the brothers and my Dad would go and bottle it all up on a Sunday afternoon.

Of course, we'd have to taste every batch.
We'd get paid in cases of wine. :)

There are just a few red wines I've enjoyed. I prefer white wines.
Semi-sweet German rieslings full of flavors can be had between $10 to $15 at any decent liquor store.

I know Red is suppossed to be more manly but damnit I prefer white wine. I recently got a Gewustraminer (guh worse tra minor) by a Washington vineyard called B. Lovely which makes it even moar girly and on top of that the label has a floral design and it's in a baby blueish label but it had good reviews at Total Wine and m ore and it was under 12.99...

Gewürztraminer, with a heavy meatl ümlaüt. Not gürly at all. I don't know from Washington, but the German ones can certainly be bracingly astringent.

Me, I like bone-dry Rieslings, sweet and gentle Piesporters, enigmatic Pouilly-Fumés that someone else is paying for and plenty more where that came from.

One time I was at a conference in Italy and the banquet came with all you can drink of the local white wine and we tried to drink it all, but we couldn't. Good times.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love good white wine. But I generally don’t drink it because it just goes down too easy and I shouldn’t be putting back entire bottles with dinner.

I like some white wines, but I've never been into wine enough to figure out which varietals/locations/etc that I like. Fortunately I work with some people who pick great wines. Unfortunately I drink too much whiskey to remember the next day WTF they had ordered.

I've never tried to figure what wine goes with what. I like white with pasta and cheese cake and red with everything else. Not a fan of anthing dry.

We enjoy both. Generally pinot grigio for a white and a pinot noir or a red blend on the other side.

Yeah, there are no real rules as to what wine goes with whatever kind of food you are eating except "Whatever tastes good to you."
The old idea of red with meat and white with poultry and fish isn't exact.

A good guideline is to try and pair with the strongest flavour.
So, a fish dish with a rich savoury sauce might need a red wine.
Chicken Parmesan - red wine almost every time.

Turkey dinner with all of the traditional fixings? A lighter, fruity red works just as well as a white.

Most importantly, don't feel any pressure to get it right. Sure, you might find some pairings that don't work well for you, but that's okay. Just drink that wine later when you're onto another dish or finished dinner all together.

Remember, there's no such thing as left over wine.

Back