White Elephant Reveal

I listened to most during my lunch hour. Not a bad one of the bunch. Really liked Dave's a lot. Will do a more thorough review when time permits.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Well done, everyone!

I really gotta get off my ass and do one of these. Or on my ass. Whatever.

Going through these slowly...

Gary - Just What I Needed - Maybe a bit too my 'verb on the vocal. I liked the wah guitar parts covering the keyboard melody. You definitely made it a 'Gary' tune.

Gary Blanchard- Just What I needed
Nice. Like you mentioned, you did a great job stepping a bit outside of your "comfort zone" but yet still reigning it in a bit and making it your own. I think the wah lead was a good instrumentation choice.

Knox in Box- The Wind Cries Mary
Great job! Guitar tone is on and rhythm is spot on, drum part is solid a true to the original, vocals are strong, clear, and very fitting. Solos are tasteful. Altogether an excellent cover.

Denverdave- God part II
Holy Damn!! I don't know what shit you were trying to pull with that "I don't like my lyrics" nonsense. That was great. The guitar was solid and I like the splash of effects towards the end at the one verse. Sets it apart and keeps it from droning on, which is important if you're doing an whole recording with just one instrument. I would have loved to hear some percussion on this, but that's what you get from these types of things, not everybody has access to a full studio. You did what you could and I fucking love it. Great job.

Rsadasiv- Fat Angel
That drum part is great, love it. Fits the feel and groove of the original while still making it new. I was thinking "Talking Heads" and "Tears For Fears" the whole time. Which is a good thing, for me. I really enjoyed listening to that.

Eloydrummerboy- She talks to Angels
Sucks. Singer sounds like a douche.

OK - that was some sweet guitar playing and singing. I love the song and you nailed it....great job!

Rsadasiv- Fat Angel

I had never heard the original so I listened after hearing yours. Great modern revisiting of the song. Love the rhythm tracks...

Thanks for all the nice comments on Fat Angel, and great job all around.

I was particularly gratified at the job Eloy and Baron did on She Talks To Angels, since that was the song I suggested.

Thanks guys Ior the nice comments, I'll get to these today. Like a true creature of habit I've been waiting for a couple days for this to pop up over in the lounge.:facepalm:

Still finishing mine up dudes.

Sorry.

But, one of them has an epic 5.5 minute outro guitar solo...

Seriously for realz yo.

Patience grasshoppers.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Just What I Needed- nice job making this your own. That was a bite too much verb drowning things out a bite. But I did like the take on it.

God Part II- boy, I always wanted to do that song like this. So now I have no reason to. Seriously, I know it is hard to step into Bono's shoes, I've had to do it twice on these things. But really, you did a great job.

Fat Angel- I don't know the original, but that was some good stuff. I would really like to try and put together something like that sometime.

Great Job everyone!

Gary Blanchard- Just What I needed

Nice bro! A hair too much verb for me on the vocals but it was great to hear a different take on this classic Cars tune. The strangest part was that I could picture Cameron Diaz dancing in Something About Mary while I was playing your tune - and that is a good thing!

That was cool Knox! Your mix reminds of how Jimi's version was.

Denverdave- God part II

Don't know the original tune but I really dug this - great vocals and great playing!

Rsadasiv- Fat Angel

I don't know this song either but was way cool Rsadasiv!

Eloydrummerboy- She talks to Angels

Great job bud!

She Talks to Angels- Good job on this tune which is a huge pair of shoes to step into. Really loved your tone and playing. Singing was done well also.

Note on Wind Cries Mary:

I've known the rhythm part to this song for a long time but play it only once in a while. As I was lerning the solo I realized how stale some people sounded on videos playing everything spot on. I decided I was going to do everything in one take no matter what. So that's what we have here. One based take over the drums (midi) over one rhythm take(third take though) the solo and then the vox. Seeing"Sound City" also inspired me to get my shit together in rehearsal and then get it down. Mistakes sound like people. Thanks Dave for justifying a few warts. Lol

Note on Wind Cries Mary:

I've known the rhythm part to this song for a long time but play it only once in a while. As I was lerning the solo I realized how stale some people sounded on videos playing everything spot on. I decided I was going to do everything in one take no matter what. So that's what we have here. One based take over the drums (midi) over one rhythm take(third take though) the solo and then the vox. Seeing"Sound City" also inspired me to get my shit together in rehearsal and then get it down. Mistakes sound like people. Thanks Dave for justifying a few warts. Lol

I did really like the feel of your version - so you succeeded. I seriously doubt Hendrix ever played this note perfect live anyways.....

I did really like the feel of your version - so you succeeded. I seriously doubt Hendrix ever played this note perfect live anyways.....
Yeah, the feel was great, and whatever warts you are hearing didn't take me out of the song at all.

Back