WHITE ELEPHANT RECORDINGFEST REVEAL!!!!!!

Thanks, but those aren't real drums. :embarrassed:

I played my Alesis DM8 kit and used it to trigger EZ Drummer with a metal expansion pack.

Either way they sound real and don't have that standard Cars electronic drum sound.

Yeah Randy, the original was by Neil Young. I absolutely hated it and just rewrote it.

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

Phil - YAY! You survived a Tom Waits song. :thu: I really liked how you had each section build with new instrumentation.

That flute at the end was from the Abbey Road Mellotron, so there is a little Beatle thrown in the mix. :grin:

I can't wait to get home and give these all a listen!

Suhnton - That was awesome! I just LOVE that stuff. I'd like to see what you could do with mixing your EDM chops with some chugga chugga guitar. I think you'd be my new favorite band.

Knox - Both of those were just great, but i give the nod to the ballad one. Perfect.

Randy - Wow. Some great guitar work. You are a pro.

Prages - I knew you were going to hit that out of the park. And you did. Excellent work, and perfect synth sound.

Phil - You are a hack. Keep working on it.

Andy - This might be my fave song you have recorded. The mix is very very good. Spot on. And i'd like to have your voice plzthnx.

Rev - Great guitar chops, this was a lot better than you were advertising. I know it was a pain in the ass, but keep it up.

Rod - Holy crap. That was killer. Amazing attention to detail, all the vocals, effects, everything. You are a really skilled engineer.

Noquarter - Nice job on a difficult tune to cover! I've always dug your voice, from way back in "Black and Blue" from the HC recordingfest. It's still one of my favorites.

Suhnton - The Final Countdown

Great spin on this!

Knox In Box - Boys Don't Cry

Creative intro. A fan of the original and you kept the vibe. Good work.

Modern Saint - Blue Lady

This doesn't sound familiar. The guitar work is excellent.

Prages - Just What I Needed

Good job, as usual. Love the original and you nailed it. Tight performance. The only criticism is the synth is a bit too stiff.

Phil - Time

One of my fav Tom Waits song. This sounds very Ben Folds-ish. Excellent work. Nice vocal tone.

Kerouac - The Losing End

From one gearslut to the other, awesome job!

Reverend1 - Just Got Paid

Rocked it out, great stuff

OGG - When Doves Cry

Difficult job, and you pulled it off, congrats.

I think I got everyone. Did I miss anyone. Congrats to everyone who contributed. This is my favorite part of these forums. Coverfests. It brings everyone together and it's always a fun challenge to take on songs outside of your comfort zone. My cover for this coverfest actually helped me improve my percussive playing immensely.

Dexter: that was killer!! The way you changed it up was brilliant. Viking-prog-metal-grunge-tastic!

NoQuarter: that was excellent. Well done.

OK I've downloaded everyones tunes to my iPhone and will listen tonight in headphones to check out everyones tracks. I have some stuff to say about mine but it can wait for the morning.

KIB - Cool, you got the tinpot drum sound down pat. The intro was cool, I was kind of hoping you'd carry that theme on for the whole tune, that would have really rocked. The acoustic/orchestral version is sweet, dig it a lot.

MS - Man, I REALLY like your voice, fits the tune perfectly. Killer playing too, dig it.

Prages - Damn, that's tighter than a Scotsman's arsehole. Blown away. What did you use for the synth? Sounds killer.

Phil - Shit, this is fucking cool. I like everything about this.

Andy - Now this is how you do a cover: change the thing up. Ace dude.

Rev1 - As OGG said: The Rev, covering the Rev with a Rev. What did you play through (amp, pedals) for the rhythm track? Sounds really cool, nice one man.

OGG - The distorted guitar after the intro is fucking killer, uber-cool. Actually, I'm listening as I'm typing, everything is killer. Is that the E-mu or TR-707? I have samples of both machines, I may have to load them into my drum VST and use them soon. :)

NQ1983 - Shit, at first I thought your name was Ed Sheeran, covering a Ryan Adams tune. :) Well played man, good voice.

Dexter - Can't access ???

ASB - Are those programmed drums or real? Sound bang on either way. You've got some mad guitar tones, really huge sounding. Is that a guitar after the breakdown (from about the 3:16 mark)? I LOVE that.

Last edited:
Back