Whisky

Never had that but reading the description on the Virginia ABC store website it does indeed sound like a gateway drug.

"Imagine yourself in an Italian garden surrounded with mandarin, lemon, apple, pear and peach trees, their fruit ripening in the sun. Add to this the scent of vanilla ice cream, then enjoy the herbal aromas of geranium and wild mint growing nearby.

Savour the fruits of the Italian garden as creamy vanilla slips like liquid silk over the tongue as peaches and cream, mandarins and lemons effervesce in the mouth.

Aromatic essences of fennel and nutmeg tantalise with crumbly alomond and coconut that gives way to a nectar that envelops all the fruit, spice and nut flavours in a honeyed caress."

I guess I have an undeveloped palette because I don't get any of that. It's just a nice, light whisky that's more proof than it tastes.

I guess I have an undeveloped palette because I don't get any of that. It's just a nice, light whisky that's more proof than it tastes.
Well, if you don't get all of that then it must be over priced. rotflmaorotflmaorotflmaorotflmaorotflmao

Just kidding, but you read crap like that all the time when spirits are reviewed.

Well, if you don't get all of that then it must be over priced. rotflmaorotflmaorotflmaorotflmaorotflmao

Just kidding, but you read crap like that all the time when spirits are reviewed.

It's certainly a better whisky than this shit bottle of Gentleman Jack I bought for the same price.

It's certainly a better whisky than this shit bottle of Gentleman Jack I bought for the same price.
I don't think one could like a Jack product over a single malt scotch. Jack and Coke I like but it's not a whiskey I want in a glass alone or with just ice.

My friend has been treating me to this lately. Smooth and sweet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457332880.854302.jpg

My friend gave me a bottle of Pendleton Whisky. I told him I's open it when we could hang out for the evening.
He makes his own whisky, which is very smooth. I trust this is smooth as well.
whiskey.png

My friend gave me a bottle of Pendleton Whisky. I told him I's open it when we could hang out for the evening.
He makes his own whisky, which is very smooth. I trust this is smooth as well.
whiskey.png
Please let us know. I've only had 2 Canadian whiskeys that were worth the ink on their labels, so I tend to be very skeptical.

I'm drinking Flaming Heart from Compass Box tonight. It's REALLY spendy, but I think it's overtaking Talisker 10 as my favorite (AND IT SHOULD AT ALMOST TWICE THE COST!)

I visited the Scotch Malt Whisky Society in Leith at the weekend with the old man, tried the most expensive whisky I've drunk to date - £28.50 for a dram. It was quite excellent but balls to paying full bottle price. I have bought a few of their whiskys in the past though, they can range from £45 or so upwards but they are single casks and tend to be quite interesting

The compass box ones are excellent, you could also try Douglas Laing, Cadenhead, Signatory as well

Best thing is to go to a good whisky pub/bar and get some tasting done before shelling out for full bottles

Last edited:
I visited the Scotch Malt Whisky Society in Leith at the weekend with the old man, tried the most expensive whisky I've drunk to date - £28.50 for a dram. It was quite excellent but balls to paying full bottle price. I have bought a few of their whiskys in the past though, they can range from £45 or so upwards but they are single casks and tend to be quite interesting

The compass box ones are excellent, you could also try Douglas Laing, Cadenhead, Signatory as well

Best thing is to go to a good whisky pub/bar and get some tasting done before shelling out for full bottles
That's great advice. I recently found a decent bar about 10 minutes from home that has $8 any Scotch during happy hour. It's not the best Scotches out there, but there are plenty of good-to-great ones, and I can sample a lot of different ones, as you mentioned.

And thank you for the other selections. I will keep an eye out for them. :thu:

Picked up a bottle of Teelings Irish Whiskey this weekend after having a fantastic dram this past holiday season

20140302teeling.jpg

No chill filtered small batch Irish Whiskey finished in Flor de Cana rum barrels. Lush and sweet but that traditional Irish character is there under the oak & honey.

Back