Which Whammy?

speakerjones

my hat is all
So I'm thinking of adding a Digitech whammy to my board. There seems to be several different iterations of it at different price points. Anyone know which is the best one to get?

I've never had one but the original is supposed to be the best (according to what I've heard).

Most people say the original is the best, but I'd honestly just buy whichever one you can find at a price you're happy with. That's one pedal where I don't think the revisions make a huge difference.

I have a II. Hasn't been plugged in since the '90's.

Aside from an original, prople feel the current model, the V, is nearly as good and they like the added features and true-bypass.

I own a V and as Wyatt mentioned is True-Bypass. I bought mine for use with the Tom Petty tribute I was playing in and served several purposes - 1) Set to octave above allowed me to simulate a 12-string. Got the Rickenbacker chime with a Jangle Box; 2) Set to octave below for octave solos; 3) Using the 4th and 5th's setting to mess on Trevor Rabin Yes tunes. And for the final punch, set to dive bomb since the guitars I played had no trembar.

I had a IV and it played havoc with my tone. I put it in a TB loop and that oddly only made things worse. I now own an Eventide Pitchfactor, though make sure you get the right kinda expression pedal.

Back