Which generation do you think you are?

Thank God for the poll. Turns out I'm a Baby Boomer. Who would have thought?

Making vast assumptions about a person based on their generation is just as dumb as racism, sexism, or any other stereotype.

Thank God for the poll. Turns out I'm a Baby Boomer. Who would have thought?

Making vast assumptions about a person based on their generation is just as dumb as racism, sexism, or any other stereotype.
Well yeah. But I thought it was interesting as before I heard about this Jones thing (I still think I am more X'er in makeup), people wanted to call me a boomer, and I did not feel that way at all. Due to the assumptions you mention. So I thought it was interesting that there could be overlap and that I could relate to the shared experiences of the next generation in line more than the last. And I liked how the Strauss-Howe work supported my thoughts on the social aspects of identification, more than just birth rates.

According to the quiz, I'm Generation Jones:

"Depending on when they were born, Gen Jonesers often associate with Baby Boomers or Generation X, but they have a distinct, collective persona all their own. They aren't tarred with Dylan or Cobain, Elvis or John Hughes, Woodstock or Lollapalooza. They weren't devastated by JFK's assassination, but remember the Iranian Hostage Crisis with angst. Born roughly between 1954 and 1965, they were not drafted into Vietnam and they did not come of age with MTV. Their musical icons were Donny and Marie, KISS and Springsteen. They watched Family Affair and had Mrs. Beasley dolls. They rode banana seat choppers, played with Kiddles and Topper Dawn dolls. They watched Saturday Night Fever, Josie and the Pussycats and the Patridge Family. Politically, Jonesers. represent a crucial voting segment in Western elections."

I was born in 1964. I've always considered myself more Generation X than Baby Boomer.

I got the same -- tail-end Boomer.

Technically I'm a Jones ('61), but the quiz labelled me as a Boomer. Maybe because I was the youngest and was influenced by my two older Boomer siblings. :shrug:

Last edited:
unhappy-thumbs-down-woman-23272515.jpg

I was born a Boomer (at the very end...), but attitude wise I have always test as Gen X very solidly - including several tests that were WAY better than that one.

Back