Which generation do you think you are?

Gen Jones. I am a true cusper, born less than 3 months before the end of the 50's, which traditionally was the end of the boomers.

Test is full of fail though. I had a roadrunner lunch box, was more of a Tubes/Alice Cooper kid than KISS. They left out the US festival and a decade of "days on the green".

Generation Jones - and this is the first time I've heard that term, seriously.

Poll fail on the Festival though - the US Festival was not listed.

I'm narrowly outside of the official timeline (13 months), but I identify far more with Gen X than I do with Millenials.

EDIT: I retook it and changed one answer, to the one about Chuckie Cheese, and it changed me a Millenial, which based off of my birth date makes sense, but doesn't feel right.

That quiz sucked. It says Jones for me, but I don't fit most of it. I was born in 1971 but my parents were very young, so I think most of my childhood was a reflection of theirs. I grew up with MTV and John Hughes. Cobain changed the world for me. I really have no idea, and I really don't care, I march to my own beat.

I don't subscribe to the whole generational stereotype. Every generation has a few winners and a bunch of losers. Every generation thinks they're better than those that come later and think the past was a better time than the present. It's innate narcissism that causes this thought process and this line of thinking transcends time and culture.

On the other hand, I consider myself very fortunate to have been born in the late 70's. I grew up in one technological era and now live in an era that is significantly different in many ways. Mostly due to the Internet and the exponential increases in computing power and storage. I love the fact that when I was a boy, things like Atari and Tandy PCs seemed like other worldly...and today I'm sitting on the shitter with the entire world at my fingertips via a slick little device that's not much bigger than a cassette tape.

I'm narrowly outside of the official timeline (13 months), but I identify far more with Gen X than I do with Millenials.

EDIT: I retook it and changed one answer, to the one about Chuckie Cheese, and it changed me a Millenial, which based off of my birth date makes sense, but doesn't feel right.

This rings true for me being born in 82.

I'm on the younger side of X. Old enough to identify, too young to have really participated in many of the key moments.

Back