Help! Which do I pick?

I think that I'd like the Merrow the best, if you could find a finish that wasn't so bleakly depressing.

Especially if you get an Floyd Ebomination.

I have played the Loomis, at Sweetwater, plus a few other Schecters. I wouldn't call their necks baseball bat-thick by any means. Thicker than an Ibanez Wizard neck? Yes, but still on the thin side if you ask me.

The quality on Schecters these days has been very good in my experience of just picking them off the wall and plinking on them for a few minutes. I used to hate Schecters about 10 years ago, crappy quality. But they've really upped their game in that area.

Personally I like either the black one or the Loomis, looks-wise, but I prefer a 3-way selector to a 5-way, so if it were me I'd go with the Loomis.

Knowing that you also like headless guitars, have you heard of a Chinese maker, Raines? They have 6 & 7 string models, both at $900 US dollars, and $40 shipping here on Reverb.

https://reverb.com/item/709760-rain...7-string-guitar-steinberger-kiesel-strandberg

I have played the Loomis, at Sweetwater, plus a few other Schecters. I wouldn't call their necks baseball bat-thick by any means. Thicker than an Ibanez Wizard neck? Yes, but still on the thin side if you ask me.

The quality on Schecters these days has been very good in my experience of just picking them off the wall and plinking on them for a few minutes. I used to hate Schecters about 10 years ago, crappy quality. But they've really upped their game in that area.

Personally I like either the black one or the Loomis, looks-wise, but I prefer a 3-way selector to a 5-way, so if it were me I'd go with the Loomis.

Knowing that you also like headless guitars, have you heard of a Chinese maker, Raines? They have 6 & 7 string models, both at $900 US dollars, and $40 shipping here on Reverb.

https://reverb.com/item/709760-rain...7-string-guitar-steinberger-kiesel-strandberg

Thanks. The Raines look quite nice, but a bit wary of Chinese guitars.

Last edited:
Having watched few clips on Youtube and dozens of reviews, my current favourite is....

the Keith Merrow :rawk:

$1,300 (with the case added in) right now at the Carvin in-stock guitars:

123917b.jpg

Back