Where-in jelloman re-evaluates his guitar collection...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

nice thread. i think you're making all the right calls, jello. best of luck taking the next step and actually selling off the "expendables". for some, that's such an overwhelming step that they never actually do it.

SGs and 335s are the sort of guitars that either work for you or don't. They clearly don't for you so lose them.

Epiphone Les Paul is clearly way behind your Washburn and G&L so lose that as well.

Only question to me is the Tele. I don't get on with genuine Fender Teles myself but my Yamaha 402S definitely covers that sonic territory and that is a good thing to have in the arsenal.

SGs and 335s are the sort of guitars that either work for you or don't. They clearly don't for you so lose them.

Epiphone Les Paul is clearly way behind your Washburn and G&L so lose that as well.

Only question to me is the Tele. I don't get on with genuine Fender Teles myself but my Yamaha 402S definitely covers that sonic territory and that is a good thing to have in the arsenal.
1. Agreed

2. That damned Epi plays almost as well as the other 2, it's hard to part with...

3. This was my third attempt at a tele...I hate the feel, and the sonic territory is of very little use to me...easy decision for me...

Getting my McFeely really killed my guitar gas. I still would like something with a humbucker in the bridge (a TV Jones) but that can wait.
Funny how that happens, huh? I just sold both of my Suhrs this week and I'll probably get rid of another two or three guitars once I get the 440 back from Mark.

Funny how that happens, huh? I just sold both of my Suhrs this week and I'll probably get rid of another two or three guitars once I get the 440 back from Mark.

Well when you buy a guitar off the rack, you are always compromising something. Even from some builders, there are options you can choose but it is still basically a set guitar. With my McFeely, I got everything I could want from one guitar without any compromise. The only other thing I could possibly want is s guitar with a bridge humbucker and that isn't something I need.

Well when you buy a guitar off the rack, you are always compromising something. Even from some builders, there are options you can choose but it is still basically a set guitar. With my McFeely, I got everything I could want from one guitar without any compromise. The only other thing I could possibly want is s guitar with a bridge humbucker and that isn't something I need.

If you decide down the road you want a humbucker, It's routed for one. All I need to do is make the pickguard. :thu:

Or hit me up when you're ready for that tv jones guitar.

Last edited:
Funny. This thread made me look at my rack. Surprisingly I don't see anything that I would want to get rid of. Modify to make better? Yes. Get rid of? No. I already got rid of the only two that I never bonded with (my MIK Epi Les Paul and my MIM Standard Tele).

Interestingly, I do find myself playing my Line6 Variax 500 with my band the most, but I think that's partially because when we're at the rehearsal studio we burn through the songs quickly (paying for time) so I just change tunings instead of changing guitars. Most likely for gigs I'm going to end up bringing one guitar tuned standard, one guitar tuned half down, and the Variax as a backup.

Funny. This thread made me look at my rack. Surprisingly I don't see anything that I would want to get rid of. Modify to make better? Yes. Get rid of? No. I already got rid of the only two that I never bonded with (my MIK Epi Les Paul and my MIM Standard Tele).

Interestingly, I do find myself playing my Line6 Variax 500 with my band the most, but I think that's partially because when we're at the rehearsal studio we burn through the songs quickly (paying for time) so I just change tunings instead of changing guitars. Most likely for gigs I'm going to end up bringing one guitar tuned standard, one guitar tuned half down, and the Variax as a backup.
To elaborate on that, it's not that I don't love my Variax. I do, especially after I put a Warmoth Wolfgang profile neck on it. It's just that I have other guitars I love, too. LOL

Funny. This thread made me look at my rack.
image.jpg

sell the mim strat, the epi les paul, the tele, the partsocaster, and the sheraton and buy a used higher end strat. i suggest a Strat Plus because I love mine and they're very affordable used. Or go with a Jeff Beck or better yet a Hot Rod. I want a hot rod strat so damn bad. Or a nash

Back