When playing out live....

12Pack

Dyslexic b00n
Why do so many guitar and bass players run the 1/4 inch signal cord directly into the guitar jack and NOT up through the guitar strap to help prevent said cord pulling out and possibly bending?

Just witnessed a guy playing live who stepped on his cord and pulled it out of his jack. Dumb ass.

Why do so many guitar and bass players run the 1/4 inch signal cord directly into the guitar jack and NOT up through the guitar strap to help prevent said cord pulling out and possibly bending?

Just witnessed a guy playing live who stepped on his cord and pulled it out of his jack. Dumb ass.
C.C Deville did that while playing the MTV video awards back in 1980-something. Lol. You would think a touring musician would know better.

it's like when you're on a run and your earbuds are plugged into your iPhone on an armstrap and the wire is just flopping around. I run mine from my ear, down my shirt and out the sleeve to the iPhone. Same with the guitar cord, through the strap, down the waist of your pants, and out the leg at your ankle. It's out of the way and out of sight. People will think you have a wireless unit.

I have two modes:
  1. Cable routed between the body and strap over the StrapLok like you said
  2. Wireless pack in my pocket routed in any way that works with the length of the cable on the pack

That
it's like when you're on a run and your earbuds are plugged into your iPhone on an armstrap and the wire is just flopping around. I run mine from my ear, down my shirt and out the sleeve to the iPhone. Same with the guitar cord, through the strap, down the waist of your pants, and out the leg at your ankle. It's out of the way and out of sight. People will think you have a wireless unit.
That is a bit anal,and I hope that isn't the next part of the route.
:embarrassed:hmy:

Sniff my patch cord.
Tap.jpg

through the strap, down the waist of your pants, and out the leg at your ankle. It's out of the way and out of sight. People will think you have a wireless unit.

I would trip over that. I need one of those EVH coat hanger things he strapped onto his guitar to keep the cable out of the way.

Back