When it rains.....it hails.

Cars w/ awd, yes. 4x4 Trucks, especially full size, are damn cheap used these days. I had to wait and cherry pick a good deal on my mid size dakota when I could have snagged dozens of cheap full size trucks. But, you don't want a truck so that does you no good. :)

Hmmmm....truck.....interesting idea if they all are not through the roof price wise out here.

Hmmmm....truck.....interesting idea if they all are not through the roof price wise out here.

The other thing you could do is look for the oddball AWD cars that don't move in your area....could be something like the AWD Ford Fusion or Tarus. Not the sexiest of rides but sometimes stuff like that is soft on the used market.

An AWD minivan would probably be your cheapest, plushest, most practicle, albiet totally unsexy option.

You're single now. Get your dream car, even if it means eating Ramen for the next 6 years.

:embarrassed:

Our Highlander got hailed on a while back, I never bothered with filing a claim. Probably should have though.

You're single now. Get your dream car, even if it means eating Ramen for the next 6 years.

:embarrassed:

I need to get my debt lower first. And really I do not have a dream car. I just want a reliable, economical, and safe AWD vehicle. And I don't want to spend $450.00 for it.

I would like the dream acoustic guitar though.....or at least a really nice one.

Insurance adjuster has not called yet. I imagine the hail must have been a bit more wide spread. Plus the area I live in and got hailed on has probably 10 auto dealerships in it.

The estimator for the insurance company looked at the car today. His damage estimate is $3900.00. Minus the $500 deductible they will mail me a check for $3400.00 made out to be and the credit union.

I am guessing if I pay off the remainder of the loan ($285) the credit union will have no issues endorsing the check and I can use the cash to pay off all the stupid repairs I had done on the car and have some left over. I could care less about the hail damage.

Boy. isn't it great that insurance companies require US to pay a "deductable" even though we've been paying them for years? I might sue their asses just to see what the "deductable" really is..
I am no lawyer, but I would insist on the check being made out to you and just pay off the loan right now if you can. Credit Union does not need to know why or where the money came from.

That's where a Jeep would come in handy....a soft top with only a small amount of hood to get hail damaged and heck you could probably pick up an aftermarket hood for like 300 bucks.

Back